Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather scared to let Maidana wear approved MX gloves?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather scared to let Maidana wear approved MX gloves?

In the press confernce today 07/14/2014

The fight is made and is official. Contracts signed, everything.

The highlight was
    Mayweather challenged Maidana to put his purse up for bet by signing a paper and handing it to Maidana which Maidana did not sign and he responded later by saying he will bet it up against him if he is allowed to wear his gloves.

So Mayweather is not allowing him to wear Everylast MX gloves and wants to make a bet for his entire purse but he does not have faith that he can beat Maidana unless Maidana is wearing some Sparring gloves?

I think it is very telling that Maidana is willing to put up 100% of his purse if he is allowed to wear his perferred Brand and style of gloves and Mayweather is not even willing to put up 3% of his purse unless he gets to pick the gloves Maidana wears.

Very Telling, below I quoted myself when I told another poster here how important the gloves are.

Originally posted by Daylyt View Post
    Their is a difference.

Their is a reason Certain gloves are called punchers gloves i.e. Reyes, Everlast MX

and their a reason some Gloves are known for protecting a fighters hand like Winning, Grants Orthpedics (which mayweather wears) , Padlock (which Mayweather paid Maidana to wear), these gloves have alot of extra cushion (not needed) meant to protect a fighters hand.

Their is a reason Mayweather paid Maidana 1.5 million to wear Padlock gloves.

these arent just by accident or over zealous fans talking, these are real tangible situations and facts.

This bet will not happen as Mayweather will not allow chino to wear his Boxing comission approved (even mayweather promotion fighters use them) Brand and style of gloves which are Everlast MX gloves./

Extra info for those who dont know Mayweather wear Grants Orthopedics gloves.

It's going to be "gloves, gloves, gloves" the whole way to this fight from Maidana, very embarrassing for Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
      It's going to be "gloves, gloves, gloves" the whole way to this fight from Maidana, very embarrassing for Mayweather.
      Very embarrassing. For someone who prides himself as some defensive wizard, why do the gloves matter as long as they are NSAC approved

Comment

So the guy that only has a punchers chance of winning can't even wear his punchers gloves? Hmmmm, intersesting. TBE doe

Comment

I think it's partly mind games from Floyd. The reality is, Floyd can pull this kind of stuff because he is the number one. There's only a couple of fighters who could pull a diva move like this and have the fight still happen.

Comment

Again why do y'all care sure Floyd's a hoe for it that much is obvious but if it meant that much to maidana walk away he'll he just made 3+ million and will make good money after words if he didn't fight floyd. The real question is if he's such a beast and a badass why do the gloves even matter he should be able to get the job done regardless and I'm sure that's what he's thinking he doesn't need his fans crying for him it takes away from his image. We know Floyd's a ***** we know he's the cash cow and he makes the rules so it's just the way it is making 100million + threads a day on the **** isn't gonna change that like I've said before just be happy he's getting paid again prbly even better and that the glove controversy lights a even bigger fire under his ass and makes him wanna get the job done even more. Other then that there's nothing we can do.

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
              Again why do y'all care sure Floyd's a hoe for it that much is obvious but if it meant that much to maidana walk away he'll he just made 3+ million and will make good money after words if he didn't fight floyd. The real question is if he's such a beast and a badass why do the gloves even matter he should be able to get the job done regardless and I'm sure that's what he's thinking he doesn't need his fans crying for him it takes away from his image. We know Floyd's a ***** we know he's the cash cow and he makes the rules so it's just the way it is making 100million + threads a day on the **** isn't gonna change that like I've said before just be happy he's getting paid again prbly even better and that the glove controversy lights a even bigger fire under his ass and makes him wanna get the job done even more. Other then that there's nothing we can do.

Obviously didnt read the Opening Post.

Comment

Why would Floyd let Maidana use gloves with no padding? It's hard to tell if you guys really think the gloves are a big deal. Or if you guys hate Floyd so much you want to use this as a way to discredit the win. You guys complain about Floyd's every move it's really getting hard to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                  Why would Floyd let Maidana use gloves with no padding? It's hard to tell if you guys really think the gloves are a big deal. Or if you guys hate Floyd so much you want to use this as a way to discredit the win. You guys complain about Floyd's every move it's really getting hard to tell.
                  So Everylast MX gloves have no padding?

The comission approved gloves with no padding?

So mayweather had to pay Maidana 1.5 millions for no reason?

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                    Since you believe everything floyd says, how about you tell us about all "the mu****as" thats dyin' from being hit by these gloves, since, you know, you believe there was no padding because floyd said so.

Comment

Working...
                    X