Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Italian Americans Considered Latino?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
    pretty sure he was talking about taco bell too...

i don't eat that garbage. other than dunks(bagels and coffee) i have not had fast food in years

i've been to the west and eaten real mexican food, and it is legit. i was mostly just teasing. italian food is recognized across the world as being top flight. while mexican food is known to be delicious, i don't know if it's got the pedigree of italian food.

believe me, if you parked a bunch of authentic mexican dishes that i've never heard of in front of NE he would devour them

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      said the handsome baritone whose mother lived in italy, and whose grandparents were born in italy. my grandmother is still alive, and although 93 (and blind,) still speaks solid italian when she's not bumping into stuff with her walker. she made lasagna that would rival a top north end italian joint. america, particularly the northeast, has a massive italian population. there are more than 15 million italians in the sates. italy's not a huge country. that's a sizable representation. my family is from northern italy. that's the good half.

i can cook a red sauce that would make your head spin.

"me whole family's been livin under this same rock since the crusades. serfs to king richard we was."

Could you move to Italy tomorrow and be a permanent resident?, i could.

WAR EU.

Mr Ehrmantraut .

Comment

I'm sure Italians would prefer to be labeled as "white."

Comment

Italians don't recognize Italian-Americans as Italian.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
            I'm sure Italians would prefer to be labeled as "white."
            I'm sure white latinos prefer to be labeled as "white" as well.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
              Latin came from Italy.

Italian Americans descended from Italy.

So........?
              No one from Europe including Spain and Portugal are Latino. Latino is a term that refers to the people of the Americas, primarily Central and South America. Therefore, to simply answer your question, no.

Comment

Originally posted by BOLLOCKS View Post
                I'm sure white latinos prefer to be labeled as "white" as well.
                Whoa, whoa, whoa....didnt mean to offend you there, BOLLOCKS.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
                  Are Italian Americans Considered Latino?
                  Only by the few that don't know the difference between a calzone and a burrito.

Comment

Possibly the most ignorant question I've seen on here before. Latino's are people of origins from Latin America or the Iberian Peninsula.

Mexicans, Salvadorians, Colombians, Venezuelans, Cubans, Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, etc.

This is like saying people from Spain are Latino or Hispanic, even that confusion I could possibly understand.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      i don't eat that garbage. other than dunks(bagels and coffee) i have not had fast food in years

i've been to the west and eaten real mexican food, and it is legit. i was mostly just teasing. italian food is recognized across the world as being top flight. while mexican food is known to be delicious, i don't know if it's got the pedigree of italian food.

believe me, if you parked a bunch of authentic mexican dishes that i've never heard of in front of NE he would devour them
                      I know you and I don't see eye-to-eye a lot of times but hey man.....you Italians got bad ass women man. God damn. That's why I went out and got with one. Best women hands down. Mine's as East Coaster too, from Rochester.

Comment

Working...
                      X