No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
    I honestly thought Roy woulda been the one guy who got out on top and didnt hang around, he always seemed so aware of the dangers of boxing and has done a hell of a lot for Gerald Mcllelan - mabey its time he made that visit he said he wouldnt do until he retired.....

Smoger hesitated and Lebedev had to throw, Smogers fault that that last shot crashed home. I like Smoger and often praise him for letting a fighter continue when others wouldnt but all things considered here it was a Bad call that i was uncomftable with

agreed. i'm thinking other than roy's family nobody is losing as much sleep over that fight as steve smoger
    he was perhaps trying to let roy finish the fight. i'm not defending what happened, just trying to shed light on the possibilities.

that last punch never should have landed
    roy had taken a punch or two high on the head and was looking eerily similar to when he been stopped previously
    he probably would have gone down without that last punch. that last one made sure he was staying on the ground fully unconscious for some time.

horrible stuff
    he needs to retire. he's likely to have a rough go of it down the road considering the amount of clean knockouts he's suffered

Comment

Congrats dude, Good fight? I couldnt be arsed staying up till stupid o'clock for it but its on sky tonight
      Best part was B-Hop doing push-ups in between rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
        Best part was B-Hop doing push-ups in between rounds.
        I really cant be bothered watching this now to be honest but i suppose i better since its such a historic win....

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
          agreed. i'm thinking other than roy's family nobody is losing as much sleep over that fight as steve smoger
          he was perhaps trying to let roy finish the fight. i'm not defending what happened, just trying to shed light on the possibilities.

that last punch never should have landed
          roy had taken a punch or two high on the head and was looking eerily similar to when he been stopped previously
          he probably would have gone down without that last punch. that last one made sure he was staying on the ground fully unconscious for some time.

horrible stuff
          he needs to retire. he's likely to have a rough go of it down the road considering the amount of clean knockouts he's suffered
          Another thing about Roy, for a guyed tis own beat and won EVERYTHING his whole career its pretty strange how quickly he just got used to losing, he actually seems ok with it!?

Yeah i think Smogie just wanted to give Jones a shot at hearing the final bell but given Roys past (the KO losses) and how he reacted i think it was a really bad call.

Comment

• I know it's not today today's history but if were talking about 2011 history, an interesting fact is Bernard Hopkins lost to Roy Jones Jr on May 22nd, 1993. 17 years and 364 days later he beats the man that thinks he's the new age Roy Jones haha.

Comment

• I've always liked DLH. I remember sticking up for him against Scott and Joseph on another forum when they called him phony. But his recent "tweets" to apologize to Bob Arum and Manny Pacquiao seem so disingenuous to me. Dude has been in rehab a week. I've had plenty of friends there and I know making amends or whatever step it is takes much longer than the time he has been in. Anyone want to touch on this?

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                I've always liked DLH. I remember sticking up for him against Scott and Joseph on another forum when they called him phony. But his recent "tweets" to apologize to Bob Arum and Manny Pacquiao seem so disingenuous to me. Dude has been in rehab a week. I've had plenty of friends there and I know making amends or whatever step it is takes much longer than the time he has been in. Anyone want to touch on this?
                I feel like as a fighter he now dosnt get the respect he deserved, at least from "real" boxing fans, i mean back in the day this man could really fight! But as a man i think he's every bit the phoney Scott and Joseph claim, Someone said on here the other day he always sounds like he is lying and i couldnt agree more! Now he obviously has some smarts just look at the fortune he has amased But there is definately something child like about him in the mental department. I dont know about the Tweets, he seems weak mentally to me and would just take whatever steps he was told to and was supposed to straight away rather than work through it until the apoligies were real if u know what i mean. Desperate to be seen to do the right thing.

BTW whats his problem? Ive only read substance abuse. Cocaine?

Comment

I feel like as a fighter he now dosnt get the respect he deserved, at least from "real" boxing fans, i mean back in the day this man could really fight! But as a man i think he's every bit the phoney Scott and Joseph claim, Someone said on here the other day he always sounds like he is lying and i couldnt agree more! Now he obviously has some smarts just look at the fortune he has amased But there is definately something child like about him in the mental department. I dont know about the Tweets, he seems weak mentally to me and would just take whatever steps he was told to and was supposed to straight away rather than work through it until the apoligies were real if u know what i mean. Desperate to be seen to do the right thing.

BTW whats his problem? Ive only read substance abuse. Cocaine?
                  I haven't heard about anything being specified yet, but I would guess alcohol myself. Its not something that needs to be hidden like cocaine but can hurt your life just as much.

Comment

• I had the fight 7-4-1 for Zbik. i think he got robbed,

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
                      I had the fight 7-4-1 for Zbik. i think he got robbed,
                      I didn't catch it, is it worth watching?

Comment

Working...
                      X