Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Think James Degale has improved as a boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, he has looked impressive as of late and has some pretty good looking stoppages recently.

Comment

The blowout of Gonzalez was really impressive to me...

The key for deGale is to cut off the ring and trap dirrell.. Dirrell is slippery and slick but if you can trap him, he has a bad habit of having his hands low and can be tagged.. Degale must trap dirrell

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        The blowout of Gonzalez was really impressive to me...

The key for deGale is to cut off the ring and trap dirrell.. Dirrell is slippery and slick but if you can trap him, he has a bad habit of having his hands low and can be tagged.. Degale must trap dirrell
        A Degale stoppage of Dirrell is really what is best for business, Miguel Cotto would agree. After that no more attention will be given to Dirrell since he is inactive, has no notable wins, and an unfriendly style for fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
          Here is the thing fellas, Degale didn't regress to begin with. He boxed 5 damn fights with a groin injury effecting his mobility, hence you'd see him box off the ropes against guys he should be pwning. So, from Zuniga-Khatchikian ie right before Gonzalez the James you saw was a shadow of his real self.
          He actually still got stuck on the ropes taking shots a few times in the Gonzales fight. I think the main improvement has been the power in his left, which he has always had a bit but it seems much stronger now.

Having said that he has had a few premature stoppages, but dropping Periban and Gonzales is decent.

The Dirrell will show us where he is at. I'm 100% sure hes improved since Groves, but I worry a lot of the same flaws will show up early in this fight. I reckon his best bet is to come on strong in the last 6 due to Dirrell's tendency to fade badly.

If I could change one thing it would be his switch hitting. I dont think ive ever seen him look any good in an orthodox stance, as a southpaw he can look world class.

Comment

Yeah, I guess you can say he has improved.

Comment

He's clearly improved but still has bad habits of taking rounds off and coasting.

You felt that any time he put it on Dirrell, he could hurt him. But then again, I guess he just didn't want to be reckless.

Comment

Working...
              X