No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Orlando Salido: Vasyl Lomachenko is Nothing Special

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Orlando Salido: Vasyl Lomachenko is Nothing Special

WBO featherweight champion Orlando Salido (40-12-2, 28KOs) saw nothing special about two-time Olympic gold medal winner Vasyl Lomachenko (1-0, 1KO), who made his pro debut on Saturday night against Jose Ramirez at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas. Lomachenko knocked Ramirez out in the fourth round with a hard shot to the body. Also on the card, Salido knocked out Orlando Cruz in seven rounds to capture his WBO crown.

[Click Here To Read More]

Lomachenko definitely looks special, but he's not ready for Salido I don't think. I will say Lomachenko didn't look to be going full speed, which makes sense since he said he wanted to get more rounds in. If he can turn it up another level from how he fought against Ramirez, maybe he could surprise Salido.

Comment

This fight won't even be close. Lomachenko will blast Salido early.

Comment

I was a fan of Lom's in the Olympics but I don't appreciate people who cut ahead of the line and this is a huge case of cutting ahead of the line when so many others have been waiting. This is like a concert where people waited in the rain for 2 days for tickets and some guy walks up at the last minute to the person at the front and the next thing he cuts in line. Pro's should have to pay their dues just like Leonard, Duran, Holmes, etc. I hope Salido beats the SHT out of him and sends the message that there are no free rides.
        Last edited by richardt; 10-14-2013, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Man what are you guys seeing with Lomachenko? He blasts Salido early? He has no power to keep Salido off him. He's decent, but I doubt he's ready to deal with Salido. The only fighters that give him trouble are those with speed PLUS power. Lomachenko doesn't have both and gets hit too cleanly as evidenced by his last fight. Too soon. Salido KO's him.

Comment

I think Loma beats him but Im rooting for Salido. Vasyl isn't deserving of a title shot but he has the skills to be an elite fighter.

Comment

I wouldn't say he isn't special, as he is clearly very talented in a number of ways. Yet he still fight like an amateur based on his last fight and I don't think that is going to get it done against a seasoned pro who is known to punish guys, he has other flaws also but think Salido takes advantage of those amateur tendencies that haven't been rooted out yet.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                I was a fan of Lom's in the Olympics but I don't appreciate people who cut ahead of the line and this is a huge case of cutting ahead of the line when so many others have been waiting. This is like a concert where people waited in the rain for 2 days for tickets and some guy walks up at the last minute to the person at the front and the next thing he cuts in line. Pro's should have to pay their dues just like Leonard, Duran, Holmes, etc. I hope Salido beats the SHT out of him and sends the message that there are no free rides.
                I think he's dumb to go for Salido, but I really can't understand this response at all. Title shots are not at a premium in these divisions, look at Chris John's entire resume. This guy dares to be great and should be respected. How the fcuk did Orlando Cruz get his title shot, by coming out?

Comment

I think lomachenko needs to target evengy gradovich for his feather belt and lets have salido vs donaire

Lomachenko could blast salido early, but if he doesnt he will end up being taken into deep waters and drowned,,,,

Salido's chin is damaged goods IMO,,, he isnt seth mitchell but he can be rocked

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    I think lomachenko needs to target evengy gradovich for his feather belt and lets have salido vs donaire

Lomachenko could blast salido early, but if he doesnt he will end up being taken into deep waters and drowned,,,,

Salido's chin is damaged goods IMO,,, he isnt seth mitchell but he can be rocked
                    But he's about impossible to keep down. Mikey was dropping him at will, still Salido never stops coming

Comment

Working...
                    X