No announcement yet.

Who would win, Maidana vs Danny Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
    I do. Don't get me wrong, Garcia has a great chin but he has been hurt by Judah and Matthysse and I think Maidana is a bigger puncher than both.
    I don;t necessarily believe that Maidana has more power than Matthysse, but yeah, Danny did get rocked by the both of them.

The thing you have to look at is, how they deliver those punches compared to Maidana.

They can both box and land power shots. With Maidana, you're really just looking out for the power shots. And you have to remember. Garcia's built up more respect for himself than a Broner. Maidana would be stupid to just go in there and bum rush Danny.

Danny doesn't literally stand there and get tagged a million times, and throw 2 punches per round like Broner.

Comment

Maidan is the naturally bigger fighter. It depends on if Garcia's power translates on his move up to WW.

Comment

If Angel slaps Danny in the face in between rounds, Maidana loses easy.

Comment

Both fighters always seem to be underdogs I think this fight is evenly matched.
          Maidana the bigger man and is more relentless than Lucas for those using that fight as reference. I wouldn't pick a winner as it wouldn't shock me to see either man win.

Comment

Danny wins easy.

Comment

I see the board is picking against El Chino again. Pathetic.

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
              I do. Don't get me wrong, Garcia has a great chin but he has been hurt by Judah and Matthysse and I think Maidana is a bigger puncher than both.
              Agreed. I've always thought people saying matts was better or stronger than Maidana were on some nonsense. Maidana has more power, and the better jab of the two as well. People judge a low part of Chino's career and try to apply it to him for all time, failing to see the man is motivated, tough as nails, learning and earning his way to the top.

Originally posted by punchr View Post
              I can't see Garcia keeping this Argentine bull off him for twelve rounds.

Matthysse is a puncher but not a mauling bull like Chino.

I like Maidana by KO. One does not simply outbox Maidana. You run and hold on for dear life when he gets in punching range. In between the running and holding you potshot him. Danny Swift does not have this style so I see him losing either by KO or the way Broner did.
              Wonderful post here. Danny is a solid boxer, but so was Broner. And for the record people should NOT look at the Devon fight for ammunition to arm their opinion. Its not accurate or contextual. Maidana is in the middle of a renaissance, he is reinventing himself. He is truly a rare talent and under appreciated. Broner tried some of Devon's tactic with the holding and the skating around for a few rounds, and had it shoved up his ass. Why? Maidana has LEARNED.

I like Danny, but he depends on his chin more than his defense. Anyone doing that against this current Maidana is in for it. Maidana eats those hooks like m and ms and breaks the kid down.

Comment

Working...
              X