No announcement yet.

Bowe on Tyson "Left hand would've gave problems...I beat Evander twice.."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowe on Tyson "Left hand would've gave problems...I beat Evander twice.."

Mike always said Bowe were dudes back in the day as youngies. Seems like Bowe had to itch in that he would've beat him doe.. Good fight nonetheless.

Should have proved it in the ring....

It's essentially spilled milk now...

Comment

Tyson would have treated Riddick Bowe the same way he treated Michael Spinks.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
        Tyson would have treated Riddick Bowe the same way he treated Michael Spinks.
        Bose wouldn't be pushed back the way Spinks was and always showed lots of heart. On top of that he could fight on the inside particularly well, probably better than any big me in history. What this comes down to is which fighter would be better mentally prepared. Both showed lapses in their careers but at their best were great. This fight would have been a war, not a walk over by either man.

Comment

This would've been a great fight,but didnt Bowe duck Tyson or am I mixing Tyson up with Lewis?

Comment

Originally posted by casualfan View Post
            This would've been a great fight,but didnt Bowe duck Tyson or am I mixing Tyson up with Lewis?
            Tyson wasn't around he was in prison from 91/95 around those years when Bowe was actually relevant so the fight taking place when they are both relevant is not really a possibility....also Bowe actually was not on the map until 1992 when Tyson landed in prison.

Prime Tyson k.os bowe around 6 rounds

Tyson of 1991 k.os him 8 rounds

Tyson 1996 probably wins a decision.
            Last edited by juggernaut666; 08-02-2016, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
              tyson would have treated riddick bowe the same way he treated michael spinks.
              not really!!!!!

Comment

Between 89 and the end of 90 the fight could have happened but I feel they sat
                on this match up for the future. Tyson went to prison and that through the wrench in the plan. In 95 it could have been booked but I doubt King wanted it because Bowe was a serious threat for any heavyweight to deal with.
                Not sure how Tyson is picked to stop him, Bowe was never stopped as a pro.
                I saw Bowe fight in the Gloves (NYC) and USA/ABF and he was a monster to deal with. He was 2 years younger than Mike so early in their careers their age interfered with a match up.

I think it's safe to say that they are capable of winning against each other but I give a bigger chance to win to Bowe.

Bowe was a 10 bout pro when Tyson's "prime" years were going on!

Tyson of 1991 had TWO fights (D. Ruddick) he won both.
                In 1991 Bowe went 7-0 with 5 KO's.

Ofcourse Bowe had a huge advantage being trained by "juggynutz" Uncle No Name as opposed to Mr Washington who was a legendary inner city trainer in NYC. hahahahaha..............

That match up today would tower over ANY heavyweight bout!!!
                Both would dominate the Klitz bros and both would KO Tyson Fury very quickly.
                People forget about Bowe at his best was a monster!!!

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                  Between 89 and the end of 90 the fight could have happened but I feel they sat
                  on this match up for the future. Tyson went to prison and that through the wrench in the plan. In 95 it could have been booked but I doubt King wanted it because Bowe was a serious threat for any heavyweight to deal with.
                  Not sure how Tyson is picked to stop him, Bowe was never stopped as a pro.
                  I saw Bowe fight in the Gloves (NYC) and USA/ABF and he was a monster to deal with. He was 2 years younger than Mike so early in their careers their age interfered with a match up.

I think it's safe to say that they are capable of winning against each other but I give a bigger chance to win to Bowe.

Bowe was a 10 bout pro when Tyson's "prime" years were going on!

Tyson of 1991 had TWO fights (D. Ruddick) he won both.
                  In 1991 Bowe went 7-0 with 5 KO's.

Ofcourse Bowe had a huge advantage being trained by "juggynutz" Uncle No Name as opposed to Mr Washington who was a legendary inner city trainer in NYC. hahahahaha..............

That match up today would tower over ANY heavyweight bout!!!
                  Both would dominate the Klitz bros and both would KO Tyson Fury very quickly.
                  People forget about Bowe at his best was a monster!!!

Ray
                  That was the whole point of the thread ,why it didnt take place you imbecile ,not Tysons prime !He didnt fight anyone of note until 1990 thus AVOIDING any possible Tyson bout and thats probably because Tommy Morrison beat him up in sparring and gave him and his Rock Newman second thoughts about power punchers.. your perception of the entire sport is horrendous ,you live in this warped state of mind where ONLY YOU think the impossible is possible

Still waiting for you to accept my challenge of me training with pro Hw's and former champs of other arts ...oh thats right you IGNORED that every timebc you would then have to DELETE your account !

Bowe was LAZY and AVOIDED any legit threat ...hence throwing the belt in the garbage to avoid Lewis and also declining Ruddock ,though he took on Tony Tubbs and nearly lost half the rounds He took on Holyfield and even lost in the rematch despite having a 30 pound weight advantage against a THEN smaller Holyfield ,then preceeded to get mugged by Golota TWICE ,a guy who Tyson knocked out /made quit in two rounds!

Bowes opponent of choice was shot Mike dokes...not even RANKED as his first title defense...that sums up bowes great resume!

Keep in mind ppl this Corso imbecile once said 200 pound Zorra Folley would beat up Vitali klitchko.......LMFAO
                  Last edited by juggernaut666; 08-02-2016, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                    Bose wouldn't be pushed back the way Spinks was and always showed lots of heart. On top of that he could fight on the inside particularly well, probably better than any big me in history. What this comes down to is which fighter would be better mentally prepared. Both showed lapses in their careers but at their best were great. This fight would have been a war, not a walk over by either man.
                    Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
                    not really!!!!!
                    I'm not questioning Bowe's skill, but I would question his heart against someone dangerous like Tyson if he couldn't even raise the stones to face Lewis. Lewis was chinny as all get out and should have been easy work for Bowe, so to see such a blatant duck tells me he wouldn't have lasted long against Tyson back around that time - even the Tyson that got sparked by Douglas.

Remember also that Spinks' smack talk is what got him routed. Bowe was notorious for his smack talk and likely would have gotten equal manhandling.

Comment

Working...
                    X