Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Floyd vs Manny have made more money if they fought before Manny got KO'd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing looking back in 2010 we would have gotten the fight for $59.95.......wow

Comment

True! Way way way over marinated. Anyone who disagrees is dillusional.

Comment

It's easy to say it wouldn't make a difference after the fact. It's really impossible to know because the fight would need to be signed and promoted as vigorously. I believe an un-ko'd pac would have made the hype bigger...ideally even before the first bradley loss. All the people who were sucked in later probbly would have been sucked in then...but the buzz would have been more intense. By the time the fight happened, most people i talked to were saying it shoulda happened a long time ago or they're both washed up etc...

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
          It's easy to say it wouldn't make a difference after the fact. It's really impossible to know because the fight would need to be signed and promoted as vigorously. I believe an un-ko'd pac would have made the hype bigger...ideally even before the first bradley loss. All the people who were sucked in later probbly would have been sucked in then...but the buzz would have been more intense. By the time the fight happened, most people i talked to were saying it shoulda happened a long time ago or they're both washed up etc...
          Id like to know where the extra buyers were coming from and who dropped off , I cant see either as saturation level was complete .

Comment

Doesn't the question really matter anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
              I know of at least 5 of my friends alone that were talking about getting the fight when it gets made and after the KO they said it doesn't matter anymore. Till this day most of them still haven't seen it. Those are casuals. Even my older brother that I watch fights with on the regular, waited for the replay. I would consider him a hardcore fan. He said that ship sailed a long time ago. Even though his reason was he believed Pac lost his killer instinct and wasn't a threat anymore. Interestingly enough, the fight played out just how he said it would.

Comment

Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
                I know of at least 5 of my friends alone that were talking about getting the fight when it gets made and after the KO they said it doesn't matter anymore. Till this day most of them still haven't seen it. Those are casuals. Even my older brother that I watch fights with on the regular, waited for the replay. I would consider him a hardcore fan. He said that ship sailed a long time ago. Even though his reason was he believed Pac lost his killer instinct and wasn't a threat anymore. Interestingly enough, the fight played out just how he said it would.
                A whole 5 hmmm , who did you pick to win seeing Pac lost his killer instinct ( coff no more CWs coff ) , just wondering .

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                  A whole 5 hmmm , who did you pick to win seeing Pac lost his killer instinct ( coff no more CWs coff ) , just wondering .
                  Saul "Canelo" Alvarez
                  Juan Manuel Marquez

Comment

Yes. Would have been more in 2012. Not in 2009 though.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                      Yes out of my personal friends that were going to watch it, five of them didn't because of this prolonged marination. That hurt Pacs reputation as a killer. Even I went from wanting to make a big party out of it, to not thinking it was worth the money and watching at my wife's uncles house.
                      (coff this guy thinks casuals know anything about CWs coff)

Comment

Working...
                      X