Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After studying Pacquiao's welterweight fights, my conclusion is he doesn't have Power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

remind me again how many times at welter have oscar, shane, rios, cotto, margs, jmm, bradley, clottey been stopped,,,

Those are about the most durable set of guys you can get, Manny's power is still good,, he is not as explosive as he was, but age catches up to everyone

let manny go back down to 140 and fight danny, peterson, etc and you will see some stoppages

Comment

Pacquiao does have power, he just doesn't knock the bigger guys out or down as much. There is a reason a good amount of his opponents feel something from him; Ricky Hatton rushed him and was absolutely destroyed, Cotto had enough after about 6 or 7 rounds and moonwalked till the 12th, Clottey had his best earmuffs on, Margarito wound up looking like the elephant man and took permanent damage, Mosley backed away most of the night and Rios would have been busted up worse if Manny had the mentality of yesteryear.

Marquez has his number no doubt, but he feels the power a few times in their fights too (dropped multiple times) Bradley wasn't as visibly hurt so to speak but I'm sure he would attest to Manny hitting hard.

Speed is power, and Manny has that kind of speed, even now just not as much (makes sense with age and type of career). Fair enough I see your point, not as much as his lighter weight days but he does have power still man.

Comment

Pretty sure Hec was just f**king around

I mean he has a Pac signature for f**k's sake, lol

Comment

Manny has been stopped 3 times in over 65 fights against quality fighters since 1999!! When you fight from 112 to 150lbs your power will not sustain through the classes. However his work rate has, and thats how he gets tko and KO wins. He's never been a one punch guy so I'm not sure what this thread is about other than degrading a quality performer who always brings great efforts and doesn't ***** when he looses.
          ..."weak chin"... is a joke, if you look closely at the loss to Juan, Juan was getting hurt and it was as much as Mannys mistakes with a double feint that goit him beat as it was Juan pulling his trigger to do it. Look closely and you'll see their right shoulders practically touching. Juan was a split second from not having that punch land, to his credit it did but its on Manny for the mistake set up! Thats boxing but facts are facts. Personally I enjoy Pacmans fights, he is NOT what he used to be but who is after years of combat. Ray

Comment

Derp, you would think boxing fans with over 1000 post know the difference between a SOLID punch and a HEAVY punch. Pacquiao is the SOLID type. Both types of punches have its own power. Solid is more like a snapping power while heavy is more like a digging power. Did you see Oscar Dela Hoya's face? The guy was grimacing each time Pacquiao slapped him.

Check this link for details on Pacquiao's & Rios sparring partner on who hits harder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBBhKHkHQbo
            Last edited by lamadoo; 01-24-2014, 06:12 PM.

Comment

He isn't as explosive and dynamic as he used to be, which is a big part of his power, the speed of the shots and the fact that you rarely saw them coming. He's so hard to time and prepare for, you get caught with shots you don't expect and the shock gets you almost as much as the power. He was never a monster 1 punch KO puncher at WW, he wore his opponents down through accumulation and broke their spirit.

That said, no top 10 WW just walks through his shots either. His power is enough to where it needs to be respected.

Comment

LOL? The Mayweathers already confirmed that his power is so immense that he's got to be on the a-side!

(No, he was never a big puncher at WW)

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  Pretty sure Hec was just f**king around

I mean he has a Pac signature for f**k's sake, lol
                  That signature was from a lost bet to hougio, so I have no choice but to have it. It will be gone soon though. in Feb.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                    Manny has been stopped 3 times in over 65 fights against quality fighters since 1999!! When you fight from 112 to 150lbs your power will not sustain through the classes. However his work rate has, and thats how he gets tko and KO wins. He's never been a one punch guy so I'm not sure what this thread is about other than degrading a quality performer who always brings great efforts and doesn't ***** when he looses.
                    ..."weak chin"... is a joke, if you look closely at the loss to Juan, Juan was getting hurt and it was as much as Mannys mistakes with a double feint that goit him beat as it was Juan pulling his trigger to do it. Look closely and you'll see their right shoulders practically touching. Juan was a split second from not having that punch land, to his credit it did but its on Manny for the mistake set up! Thats boxing but facts are facts. Personally I enjoy Pacmans fights, he is NOT what he used to be but who is after years of combat. Ray
                    ricky hatton would disagree,, and so would the dozens of fighters he has dropped with one punch

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                      I thought Rios was gonna knock him out with a jab what happened?

Comment

Working...
                      X