Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will you think if Mayweather takes another superior opponent to Pac?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
    That statement alone should keep me from posting anything else about this. Floyd had just fought Gatti as you stated, Cotto had maybe 20 fights you dumbass, and you expect him to accept a fight from Floyd? Floyd might as well call out Bradley, he's had one fight on HBO Cotto didn't have that. This is the entire reason you Floyd fans are impossible to talk to, Floyd already asked Cotto. It doesn't matter the time, if he called out Cotto with 1 fight he did it and Cotto didn't accept thus its his fault. The ***** move on Mayweathers part is when Cotto was ready and HBO was building the fight Floyd retired.
    Actually Cotto had 23 fights, and he had already appeared on HBO by that time. The Cotto-Corley fight was broadcasted by HBO. Cotto TKO'ed Corley in 5 rounds 9 months after Mayweather went the distance with him. Cotto was in the crowd and got camera time during the Mayweather-Gatti fight for a reason. I don't blame Cotto and his people for avoiding Mayweather after seeing him in the Gatti fight and realizing that the risk wasn't worth the reward at that time. The sport of boxing is a business and I realize that. These guys are making business decisions. It's ignorant and naive for boxing fans like you to ignore the business side of things simply because you don't like, care, or respect it. Mayweather became more picky with choosing his opponents once he became the big-time draw that he always wanted to be because it makes business sense. You call Mayweather a b*tch because he jump in the ring right away with Cotto and Margarito after he fought Del La Hoya and Hatton, but that just shows how narrowminded you are. How about you try to look at things from Mayweather's perspective if you truly want to understand his decisions?

Why isn't it the same thing? Cotto hadn't had any PPV fights to that point and had only been on BaD. That was my entire point, its a PERFECT analogy if you can't figure that out I'm not going to make any progress trying to get my point across as it'd be like talking to a bag of rocks.
    It's not the same thing because Mayweather is infinitely bigger(older, heavier, and with more experience) now than he was back then in '05. The point that I was trying to make to you which obviously flew over your head is that back in '05 Mayweather was a fighter still trying to make a name for himself. He wasn't really a draw back then, and that's why he was calling everybody out. Gatti was his 1st PPV fight, and although Mayweather was the clear favorite he wasn't really the main draw. Now Mayweather is the biggest draw in the sport of boxing while guys like Alexander, Bradley and the like are the up and comers still improving and still trying to make a name for themselves. He's in a completely different position than he was in '05, and that's why your analogy doesn't work. It made sense for him to call out Cotto back in '05. It doesn't make sense for him to go out of his way to call out Alexander, Bradley, or Maidana now in 2010.

I've said this countless times, Arum doesn't run Cotto's career. Todd Debouf does, so stop blaming ARUMS choices for Floyds career on Cotto. If Arum didn't think Floyd would get 20 million to fight DLH then its his problem not mine, Cotto's, or yours. I don't even know why this is an issue... I mean hell, him asking for 10 million to fight Cotto and Marg BOTH OF WHICH NEVER HAD PPV is a b.itch f.ukcing move. He purposely picked an insane number so they fights wouldn't be made. Again I doubt you'll understand this, but I'll keep posting away.
    Maybe acting like I don't understand the simpleminded drivel that you're spewing makes you feel better or something, I don't know. It's a weak tactic nonetheless. I haven't blamed Arum for anything or anyone else for that matter, I've simply expressed my opinion on things. If I had to pick someone to blame at this particular moment, it'd be your mother for raising such a b*tchy hard-headed child.

Let me try to dumb this down for you. 1st of all you're wrong when you say that Mayweather asked Arum for $10 mill to fight Margarito and Cotto. Mayweather wanted $10 mill for Hatton and Cotto. Maybe if you weren't foaming at the mouth with hate you'd take the time to comprehend what's being posted. There's a link in this very topic of conversation that explains why Mayweather didn't fight guys like Margarito and Cotto in '06. This isn't about blaming anyone, I'm just trying to put things in their proper perspective while you're content with being an irrational hater who can't think logically. You say that Mayweather asking Arum for $10 mill to fight Cotto and Hatton was outrageous, well explain that when he made $8 mill fighting Baldomir? If he made $8 mill fighting Baldomir then why do you think that it's outrageous to think that he could've gotten $10 mill to fight Cotto at that time who was a much bigger name than Baldomir?

My ilk? You have what like 2 posts on here. Who exactly are people of my ilk? Also tell me exactly what I believe in, I'd love to hear it. Mayweather has only done a few things wrong IMO. He retired when the Cotto fight was THE fight in '08. Then this last time with Manny's acceptance of Floyds terms, I said it before I will say it again, I don't know what Paq agreed to, I don't care. Floyd's guys said "No negotiations are taking place" and that was a bold face lie, there was negotiations and Floyd didn't even want to hear about them. Once again he proved he is a giant vagina.
    Hey, if you want to try and lump me in with "*****s" or whatever other corny insult you guys have for Mayweather fans, then I'll do the same to you. I don't make judgements on the decisions that fighters make outside of the ring. I don't that Mayweather nor Pacquiao has done anything wrong necessarily. It's their lives and careers, who are any of us to judge? I just like to keep things honest and unfortunately I don't see the same from the majority of posters on this site. You're a perfect example. You're feeling yourself, insulting Mayweather and whatnot but you're obviously biased. You can't say that Pacquiao has agreed to Mayweather's terms and then turn around and say that you don't know what Pacquiao has agreed to without looking like an idiot. If you don't know what Pacquiao has agreed to then don't say that he has accepted Mayweather's terms. I don't see how Mayweather team is lying when they say that no negotiations have taken place seeing as how Mayweather has been consistent since the Mosley fight saying that he is taking some time off. Arum has even stated that they he didn't speak to anyone one from Mayweather's team during the socalled negotiations. How real could the socalled negotiations have been when they weren't speaking with each other and Mayweather had announced that he's taking a year or 2 off? Mayweather seems to be flirting with the idea of new management anyway. Who knows what the relationship with his current management is like. All you can do is take the man at his word, and ever since the Mosley fight he's made it clear that he's taking some time off. There's never been a reason for fans to assume that he was pursuing a fight with Pacquiao in November. There's never been a real reason to assume that Team Pacquiao was pursuing a fight with Mayweather either. People have just fallen for Arum's BS.

So let me get this straight, he wanted 10 million to face Cotto and Marg yet accepted 8 million to fight Baldomir. Do I really need to say anything else...
    You don't have it straight, I'm starting to question if you're actually literate. He didn't ask for $10 mill to fight Margarito, he accepted Arum's $8 mill offer to fight Margarito and wanted $10 mill for Cotto and Hatton plus $20 mill for De La Hoya. Arum only offered $7 mill for Cotto and Hatton and didn't even want to pursue the DLH fight. Mayweather said screw that and got the $8 mill to fight Baldomir then went on to make $20 mill a piece fighting DLH and Hatton. Do I really need to say anything else?

Its funny, because I don't hate Floyd. I think he is a superb boxer with amazing gifts and talents. The problem is that if you don't like Floyd's ego, or his career choices you are labeled a hater because, unlike you, I don't have his coc.k and balls in my mouth.
    Calling a professional fighter a "b*tch" because you don't like his ego or business decisions does make you a hater. Spinning the facts in order to be overly critical also makes you a hater.

Comment

Originally posted by thatnickuh View Post
      Actually Cotto had 23 fights, and he had already appeared on HBO by that time. The Cotto-Corley fight was broadcasted by HBO. Cotto TKO'ed Corley in 5 rounds 9 months after Mayweather went the distance with him. Cotto was in the crowd and got camera time during the Mayweather-Gatti fight for a reason. I don't blame Cotto and his people for avoiding Mayweather after seeing him in the Gatti fight and realizing that the risk wasn't worth the reward at that time. The sport of boxing is a business and I realize that. These guys are making business decisions. It's ignorant and naive for boxing fans like you to ignore the business side of things simply because you don't like, care, or respect it. Mayweather became more picky with choosing his opponents once he became the big-time draw that he always wanted to be because it makes business sense. You call Mayweather a b*tch because he jump in the ring right away with Cotto and Margarito after he fought Del La Hoya and Hatton, but that just shows how narrowminded you are. How about you try to look at things from Mayweather's perspective if you truly want to understand his decisions?
      See, you keep saying I'm biased and I have to look at it from Mayweathers prospective. You just said Gatti was Floyds first PPV fight, and he is asking for 10 million dollars... What kind of business is that, no one and I mean NO ONE makes 10 million dollars when their first fight draws like 300k buys and the A side is Gatti. Instead of arguing about who he should fight I'll simply use math to prove how much money Floyd was asking for to fight Cotto, a guy who had NEVER been on PPV up to that point. This is the only thing I'm going respond to because it proves just how dumb you are:

350k buys = 16 million dollars. PPV providers tend to take about 30-40% of that, I did 35% as a middle ground. That leaves about 11.1 million dollars to split among the fighters, in order for this fight take place (Cotto/Floyd) means that Cotto is only going to get 10% of the purse. Floyd said if I fight Cotto I want 90/10 how is that not a duck? You yourself just stated that Cotto was the bigger draw, so we'll go with that. Baldomir/Floyd did only 325k buys and Floyd made 8 million and Baldomir made 1.8 or something like that. Baldomir was dumb enough to take the split but even he got a bigger percentage and PURSE than Cotto would have made.

As you stated its a business, are you going to guarantee a fighter 10 million dollars, when that fighter has had a total of 350k buys (as a B side) and the other fighter hadn't even appeared on WCB. Floyd knew that the Cotto fight wasn't going to be made because it wasn't even possible and he knew this. So why not take the easier fight, for less money and more exposure, sure it may have been the right business move, but it still makes him a ***** for doing it. Then when he could make possibly MORE than 10 million to fight Cotto (after the Mosley win) he ****ing retired. Cotto/Marg did 500k if Floyd/Cotto did that Floyd could have made 12-15 million guaranteed depending on the split, but the fight may have been closer to 1 million with Floyds name on the marquee. Don't come in here talking business when numbers don't lie.

As for the Manny testing Manny openly admitted he would do the 14 day deadline. Floyd didn't even try to make the fight happen, he simply avoided the entire situation that was my entire point of bringing it up. I'm done, made you look like a fool an I won't be posting in this thread again.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post
        Lets get one thing clear, Mayweather didnt plan to fight Mosley! The Haiti quake and Bertos decision to not fight made it possible. If the Clottey fight wasnt done Im sure Pac vs Mosley would have been made but it was too late.
        No chance, Pac and Roach wanted no part of Shane. 'Too big and too good' was a phrase used by Freddie Roach

Comment

See, you keep saying I'm biased and I have to look at it from Mayweathers prospective. You just said Gatti was Floyds first PPV fight, and he is asking for 10 million dollars... What kind of business is that, no one and I mean NO ONE makes 10 million dollars when their first fight draws like 300k buys and the A side is Gatti. Instead of arguing about who he should fight I'll simply use math to prove how much money Floyd was asking for to fight Cotto, a guy who had NEVER been on PPV up to that point. This is the only thing I'm going respond to because it proves just how dumb you are:

350k buys = 16 million dollars. PPV providers tend to take about 30-40% of that, I did 35% as a middle ground. That leaves about 11.1 million dollars to split among the fighters, in order for this fight take place (Cotto/Floyd) means that Cotto is only going to get 10% of the purse. Floyd said if I fight Cotto I want 90/10 how is that not a duck? You yourself just stated that Cotto was the bigger draw, so we'll go with that. Baldomir/Floyd did only 325k buys and Floyd made 8 million and Baldomir made 1.8 or something like that. Baldomir was dumb enough to take the split but even he got a bigger percentage and PURSE than Cotto would have made.

As you stated its a business, are you going to guarantee a fighter 10 million dollars, when that fighter has had a total of 350k buys (as a B side) and the other fighter hadn't even appeared on WCB. Floyd knew that the Cotto fight wasn't going to be made because it wasn't even possible and he knew this. So why not take the easier fight, for less money and more exposure, sure it may have been the right business move, but it still makes him a ***** for doing it. Then when he could make possibly MORE than 10 million to fight Cotto (after the Mosley win) he ****ing retired. Cotto/Marg did 500k if Floyd/Cotto did that Floyd could have made 12-15 million guaranteed depending on the split, but the fight may have been closer to 1 million with Floyds name on the marquee. Don't come in here talking business when numbers don't lie.
          You wasted your time typing up all of this nonsense, I didn't even read all of it. It's really not that complicated. If Arum was able to offer Mayweather $8 mill to fight Margarito, then Mayweather asking for $10 mill to fight Cotto after beating Margarito was not an outrageous request. It's as simple as that. You can try to spin this all you want, but your position here is nonsensical. Time has proven that Arum was wrong and Mayweather's decision to leave and do his own thing was the right decision, yet you're still trying to defend Arum. Seriously, your argument here is silly, embarrassing even. You don't know what you're talking about.

As for the Manny testing Manny openly admitted he would do the 14 day deadline. Floyd didn't even try to make the fight happen, he simply avoided the entire situation that was my entire point of bringing it up. I'm done, made you look like a fool an I won't be posting in this thread again.
          If it's you that is making me look like the fool, then why are you the one running away with your tail between your legs? Obviously it's the other way around. I'll end this by pointing out more of your bull****. 1st, Manny has never come out and publicly agreed to anything. He was quoted in some Manilla newspaper as saying that he agreed to the 14 daycut-off, but If you blindly believe that quote is real then I have a bridge to sell you. 2nd, it doesn't even matter if he agreed to the 14 day cut-off or not because that option was no longer on the table. During Mayweather's post fight interview in May, he clearly stated that there would be no bout unless Pacquiao agreed to be tested up until the fight during training. Did you not know that or did you purposely ignore it in order to continue perpetuating your "Mayweather is a b*tch" agenda? I know the answer, no need to respond.

Comment

You wasted your time typing up all of this nonsense, I didn't even read all of it. It's really not that complicated. If Arum was able to offer Mayweather $8 mill to fight Margarito, then Mayweather asking for $10 mill to fight Cotto after beating Margarito was not an outrageous request. It's as simple as that. You can try to spin this all you want, but your position here is nonsensical. Time has proven that Arum was wrong and Mayweather's decision to leave and do his own thing was the right decision, yet you're still trying to defend Arum. Seriously, your argument here is silly, embarrassing even. You don't know what you're talking about.

If it's you that is making me look like the fool, then why are you the one running away with your tail between your legs? Obviously it's the other way around. I'll end this by pointing out more of your bull****. 1st, Manny has never come out and publicly agreed to anything. He was quoted in some Manilla newspaper as saying that he agreed to the 14 daycut-off, but If you blindly believe that quote is real then I have a bridge to sell you. 2nd, it doesn't even matter if he agreed to the 14 day cut-off or not because that option was no longer on the table. During Mayweather's post fight interview in May, he clearly stated that there would be no bout unless Pacquiao agreed to be tested up until the fight during training. Did you not know that or did you purposely ignore it in order to continue perpetuating your "Mayweather is a b*tch" agenda? I know the answer, no need to respond.
            Ha ha, you stated you didn't even read all of it and I'm the one with the tail between my legs. Ignoring facts like your BFF floyd, BWAHAHAHA!!!! And as for the Margarito/Cotto money issue, you just stated that was an option before Marg and Cotto even fought you f.ucking stupid as.shole. You yourself said it was 5 years ago, you get dumber by the post just stop, you're only making it worse on yourself.
            Last edited by Beater_of_ass; 08-29-2010, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Nice!

You nailed it right on the spot. No wonder he said he didn't read this as you literally OWNED "thatnickuh".

Green K.

Comment

This is what I will think if Floyd takes on a superior opponent.

----- Floyd's --------- Manny's
                ----- Opponents ----- Opponents
                2010 Mosley ----------- Clottey ----> (Mosley)
                2009 Marquez ---------- Cotto -----> (Cotto)
                2009 Vacation ---------- Hatton ---> (Hatton)
                2008 Vacation ---------- Oscar ----> (Oscar)
                2008 Vacation ---------- Diaz ------> (Diaz)
                2008 Vacation ---------- Marquez --> (Marquez)

Plus, for those of you that are boasting about Floyd facing Mosley, this old Mosley was not the same competitive Mosley that we all wanted to see fight Floyd! That Mosley has left the building!

Comment

Ha ha, you stated you didn't even read all of it and I'm the one with the tail between my legs. Ignoring facts like your BFF floyd, BWAHAHAHA!!!! And as for the Margarito/Cotto money issue, you just stated that was an option before Marg and Cotto even fought you f.ucking stupid as.shole. You yourself said it was 5 years ago, you get dumber by the post just stop, you're only making it worse on yourself.
                  I explained why there was no need to read that drivel you posted. Your claim that Mayweather's request for $10 mill to fight Cotto was outrageous and undoable is just plain stupid. Of course the request was reasonable, but your hate won't even allow to conceded that. Part of your problem is that you don't seem to read, comprehend, or express yourself all that well. I don't even know what you're talking about regarding a Cotto/Margarito money issue. How about you learn to type in complete sentences which is something that a 5th grader can do?

Comment

I explained why there was no need to read that drivel you posted. Your claim that Mayweather's request for $10 mill to fight Cotto was outrageous and undoable is just plain stupid. Of course the request was reasonable, but your hate won't even allow to conceded that. Part of your problem is that you don't seem to read, comprehend, or express yourself all that well. I don't even know what you're talking about regarding a Cotto/Margarito money issue. How about you learn to type in complete sentences which is something that a 5th grader can do?
                    I just did the math why it is unreasonable. You are telling me that a 90/10 split for Mayweather when he had 1 fight on PPV and 0 for Cotto is reasonable? 10 million to 1 million... if you think thats reasonable then you are even more idiotic than I thought, and that is assuming the fight did even 350k. Floyds next PPV against Baldomir onlyl did 325k and Cotto first PPV only did 225k. You saying 90/10 isn't an insult to anyone except people with a 1st grade education level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Battle Hardened View Post
                      Regardless of who ducked who last time, and this time. What will you think if Floyd takes another superior opponent?

Floyd get's a lot of hate, and I have personally called him a ***** unless he fights Pwill/Martinez, but it won't be hard to find a better opponent then Marg, and you have to give him some credit.
                      Just because Floyd fights a tougher fighter than Paq fights doesnt mean that Floyd's opponent is better than Paq himself. Get it? I doubt it.

Comment

Working...
                      X