Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else think the PPV was a letdown last night.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I almost feel like I was robbed but then again I was the dipshit who handed over my wallet. Was actually beyond a **** PPV Card, I don't ever wanna even hear the olympians names again until they have at least a 15-0 record. The card would have been made 100 times better by having the Enzo and Brook fights instead of the olympians. I was flicking between the Sky PPV and the ITV4 show and i'm ashamed to say that the ITV4 show was actually much much better, at first I was watching the Small-Hall fight and watching a minute of ITV4 inbetween rounds, after the 2nd round of Small-Hall I switched to watching 3 minutes of Cleverly-McIntosh and 1 minute of Small-Hall. All in all I was very disappointed with the value for money aspect of the PPV, I have only bought a Khan fight once before and that was.... the Prescott fight, and the Undercard and 50something seconds of that fight was better value than this awful awful awful PPV. Don't get me wrong was great to see Khan win the world title but if I could pick a price I'd say I should have paid about £3.99. Not buying a Khan/Sky PPV from here on in unless he faces someone like JMM, especially considering we can download this **** straight from this forum less than 12 hours after the fight.

Comment

Well there was about 30k of us (when Khan was on) watching from some stream, i know it can hurt boxing with people doing this but really this card did not deserve to be paid for!

Comment

Khan was taken to PPV too early, that why he was beasted by Prescott and even though he won this one, the whole undercards was a joke and fights were not broadcast here but in other countries like the Macca fight.

****in joke.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyShitHot View Post
          Yeah I almost feel like I was robbed but then again I was the dipshit who handed over my wallet. Was actually beyond a **** PPV Card, I don't ever wanna even hear the olympians names again until they have at least a 15-0 record. The card would have been made 100 times better by having the Enzo and Brook fights instead of the olympians. I was flicking between the Sky PPV and the ITV4 show and i'm ashamed to say that the ITV4 show was actually much much better, at first I was watching the Small-Hall fight and watching a minute of ITV4 inbetween rounds, after the 2nd round of Small-Hall I switched to watching 3 minutes of Cleverly-McIntosh and 1 minute of Small-Hall. All in all I was very disappointed with the value for money aspect of the PPV, I have only bought a Khan fight once before and that was.... the Prescott fight, and the Undercard and 50something seconds of that fight was better value than this awful awful awful PPV. Don't get me wrong was great to see Khan win the world title but if I could pick a price I'd say I should have paid about £3.99. Not buying a Khan/Sky PPV from here on in unless he faces someone like JMM, especially considering we can download this **** straight from this forum less than 12 hours after the fight.
          I agree 100%, I spent more of the night watching ITV4 than I did the PPV. The undercard on the Khan fight was embarrassingly ****, Small - Hall wasn't too bad but where the **** were Enzo, Brook, Mitchell? They advertised all those fights and we didn't get them.

I won't be buying another British PPV as £15 is too much for what we got.

Comment

K.Brook was defending his title and that wasn't worth to be on PPV?
            Instead the were shown a couple of 4 rounders where bums were fighting warren's olympians..shame.
            Im not british, on the other side of the pond, but what i have seen so far from K. Brook is promising and should not be left to youtube clips. Seems that Warren is not the right promoter for K. Brook, that's for sure. He needs to change promotor, defending a british title is the main event and in this case it should have been a co-main event fight like Small-Hall

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw_07 View Post
              Instead the were shown a couple of 4 rounders where bums were fighting warren's olympians..shame.
              Im not british, on the other side of the pond, but what i have seen so far from K. Brook is promising and should not be left to youtube clips. Seems that Warren is not the right promoter for K. Brook, that's for sure. He needs to change promotor, defending a british title is the main event and in this case it should have been a co-main event fight like Small-Hall

Well put Southpaw.

Comment

Indeed man, if i didn't have access to you tube and this place i wouldn't know who the **** Kell Brook was and im english. Kind of messed up really if u think about it if i pay for a pvp card i dont really like 3 x 1st round KO and only 1 fight going the distance..

Comment

Warren is bull****. With his tactics in promoting fights, its no surprise that the best guys never fight each other in the U.K, instead they have 20/30 warm up fights then fight someone who punches like a grandma for a "world title" ala Khan, Audinary Harrison etc. Regarding K. Brook, I just dont think Warren likes fighters that come out of the Ingle stable. Hatton was only ever a decent U.K level fighter, as is Khan, but Warren dont care about the best boxers making it to the top, only making **** loads of money with his most profitable fighters having easy fights. Its been the same way since Hatton ducked Witter for years. Its a shame that the amount of success and exposure a fighter can have in the U.K is decided by how much money he can make rather than how well he can box.

Comment

Yeah totally agree, Kell Brook should be asking serious questions as to why he wasn't on the PPV, especially as they are trying to now set up a semi-big domestic bout between Kell and Michael Jennings. As I said before I don't wanna hear or see any of those olympians again until they are 15-0 and taking on proper challenges.

Comment

Working...
                    X