Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freddie Roach: "I'd like to train Cotto, I can make him even a better fighter."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roach, even humbly admitted during the interview that most of the credit goes to the fighters themselves, as opposed to himself.

I don't think Roach is desperate for money. I think he has made enough money all these years to support himself until he dies. Freddie isn't exactly a lavish spender, ala PBF.

On another note, I didn't know Freddie had trained with Wladimir Klitschko before which he had also mentioned in the interview. I wonder when that was.

Comment

Originally posted by SuckaPunch View Post
      I was just listening to the weekly radio show "Through the Ropes" and Freddie Roach was asked if he could name a fighter he would like to train, that he hadn't had a chance with.

Roach mentioned Miguel Cotto and said that he could make him a better fighter. Roach implied that one of Cotto's problem is a lack of alternative plan, and he used the Margarito fight as an example.

Do you think Roach & Cotto will make a good team?
      They would make a perfect team, but it won`t happen. Because it`s Pac vs Cotto after May 2nd.

Comment

I was just listening to the weekly radio show "Through the Ropes" and Freddie Roach was asked if he could name a fighter he would like to train, that he hadn't had a chance with.

Roach mentioned Miguel Cotto and said that he could make him a better fighter. Roach implied that one of Cotto's problem is a lack of alternative plan, and he used the Margarito fight as an example.

Do you think Roach & Cotto will make a good team?

Yeahhh roach..Cotto and PAC tag team v.s. Margarito and JMM..........w/ Nacho ofcourse.

Comment

Bump from two months ago...

So what do y'all think of a possible Roach-Cotto tandem?

Comment

Roach can make anyone a better fighter.

Comment

Roach is a perfect fit for Cotto. Too bad we'll never get to see it.

Comment

Bump from two months ago...

So what do y'all think of a possible Roach-Cotto tandem?
                i think nacho will be a good fit too. roach is good but is not gonna happen

Comment

Originally posted by El Cabron View Post
                  so he wants to train Miguel Cotto and Antonio Margarito

I'd love to see what that sparring session would be like
                  not good for cotto........ lol

Comment

Someone needs to let Cotto know now that Roach is interested.

Comment

On another note, I didn't know Freddie had trained with Wladimir Klitschko before which he had also mentioned in the interview. I wonder when that was.
                      he was just an assistant trainer for wlad.

Comment

Working...
                      X