Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Jack Dempsey is overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any way you look at it he's not overrated. Peak ability was totally legendary as I already said. Career? He went from hobo to heavyweight champ during the golden age of boxing and kept the title for 7 years. Legendary.

You have to understand what that era was like. His title reign looks bad taken out of context, but under the circumstances it was great.

Comment

Jack Dempsey vs Joe Frazier would answer a lot of questions for me about Jack. I just can't see Jack beating a guy like Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by Obama View Post
        Jack Dempsey vs Joe Frazier would answer a lot of questions for me about Jack. I just can't see Jack beating a guy like Ali.
        roughly were would you have dempsey in a atg list?

Comment

Originally posted by St Lion View Post
          roughly were would you have dempsey in a atg list?
          I rate him #11 Heavyweight (still ahead of Frazier by the way), and p4p he'd make my top 100. Maybe top 75. Top 50...nah.

Comment

obama is wronga

Comment

Originally posted by Obama View Post
              I rate him #11 Heavyweight (still ahead of Frazier by the way), and p4p he'd make my top 100. Maybe top 75. Top 50...nah.
              11's about right.. I have him there to, but I don't think Frazier should be lower..

Comment

Originally posted by Coonhound13 View Post
                About Marciano, people tend to overrate or underrate him. The knock on him is all his big fights were against older guys but really Moore, Walcott and Charles were among the most skilled ring saavy fighters ever.
                i agree with you, all 3 would be a match for any fighter

Comment

he was great. sure could hit- he did lift willard off his feet with a body punch in round three. amazing.

Comment

Working...
                  X