Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if cotto beats martinez, is he greater than tito?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
    Tito is a quitter, Cotto will always be greater than him
    LOL who's the quitter between the two? **** outta here with this nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
      In the eyes of PR's, he'll never pass Tito.
      in the eyes of EVERYONE WITH A BRAIN.

tito was a special fighter.

cotto is a good fighter.

big difference.

Comment

This is a tough one...if Cotto defeats Martinez convincingly then without a doubt he triumphs Tito even if Puerto Ricans think otherwise. Cotto and Tito always took on the best which makes this tough, but they also came up short several times which makes it harder lol I personally like Tito because I grew up watching him and he brought a lot of fire to the sport when he was around, Cotto does as well but not quite like he did.

Comment

Not even if he beats Martinez will he b greater than Tito r u crazy? Cotto has lost all his biggest fights. He will have to beat Floyd and Pac in a rematch to reach Titos level

Comment

Originally posted by Fidel456 View Post
            Not even if he beats Martinez will he b greater than Tito r u crazy? Cotto has lost all his biggest fights. He will have to beat Floyd and Pac in a rematch to reach Titos level
            Can't you argue that Tito came up short as well? He lost to Hopkins and Wright. The De La Hoya fight was a loss in the eyes of many.

Comment

There is no way Cotto Beats Martinez. I would bet my life on it.

Unless Martinez gets paid off. It's possible if they paid him enough. It's not like he does great numbers by himself.
              Last edited by DARKSEID; 03-13-2014, 01:25 AM.

Comment

While the catch weight does take away the shine from the MW belt greatness, it is still a great feat. No one in the history of PR has done it(if he wins) and it deserves some form of credit at least. But it doesn't mean he's PR greatest or something considering his fights in resume that he fights all is a myth.
                Last edited by Mr.Fantastic; 03-13-2014, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fidel456 View Post
                  While I wouldn't put Cotto ahead of Tito, I'm not going to kill Cotto for losing to Floyd and Pac, much like I don't kill Tito for losing to Hop and Winky. Also that DLH fight was a combo of Oscar taking his foot off the gas and some generous scoring.

If it means anything I think Tito would KO a prime Martinez.

Comment

One thing Cotto beating Martinez would do that Tito never really did was win a big fight that he had no business winning, in a division he is tiny for. It'd be like Tito winning a belt at 175 back in the day. Really Cotto is an average sized WW. Tito was a huge WW and a good sized MW. He's bigger than GG, Martinez, and Quillen...

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                      **** no.

tito never got beat down and ran away from a former flyweight.
                      Tito was more manly and more of a warrior than Cotto.

He also lost to DLH.

He was a better boxer than people give him credit for.

I am betting Martinez big but give the running man credit for taking this fight.

And Tito-Vargas was better than anything Cotto has been involved with.

Comment

Working...
                      X