Collapse
No announcement yet.

GBP should just cash out Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He looked incredibly robotic and non skilled last night before the KO. He was simply swinging for the fences. Cash out time is long gone.

Even his biggest supporter, Oscar himself, called for him to turn his gloves in and walk away.

Comment

It's obvious that he was trying to protect his jaw last night. I think it's over for him, the way he turn his back after getting caught and didn't get up.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        i would watch Broner-Ortiz

That has circus act written all over it with those two bone heads

Comment

Originally posted by chibox123 View Post
          For what tho? He lasted 2 rounds with collazo? Are u serious. Do you realize how bad of a Loss that is? Luis is a decent fighter, but there's no way in hell a fighter with Ortiz skill level should lose that bad? Collazo has NEVER been know as a guy with devastating ko power. Yet he took out Ortiz 3G style. He shouldn't be in the ring, for the simple fact that his heart isn't in the sport and instead of him getting another big payday against those fighters you named why not just give it to somebody who deserves it and will go out there and give it his all and not act like a fn girl any time he gets hit. The boxing world is no place for somebody like victor Ortiz.
          So your saying u would have no interest with Ortiz-broner or Devon on Floyd's may undercard

Comment

Its too late he just got stopped in 2 and quit against Collazo, there is nothing to cash out because there is no way to sell him as a viable opponent his only win of note was Berto who was also ko'd recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
              Its too late he just got stopped in 2 and quit against Collazo, there is nothing to cash out because there is no way to sell him as a viable opponent his only win of note was Berto who was also ko'd recently.
              Look, Ortiz is going to headline anytime soon, but I would feed him to all my big names coming off losses,,, broner, ghost, Devon, khan, soto karass...

Ortiz vs any of those guys would be great as a PPv opener

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                Look, Ortiz is going to headline anytime soon, but I would feed him to all my big names coming off losses,,, broner, ghost, Devon, khan, soto karass...

Ortiz vs any of those guys would be great as a PPv opener
                Its no different than scheduling them against TBAs at this point in where Ortiz is at but if he wants to make some money for getting beaten up then that is up to him I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                  Its no different than scheduling them against TBAs at this point in where Ortiz is at but if he wants to make some money for getting beaten up then that is up to him I guess.
                  Ortiz is such a risk, why waste him on tba... Just put his name value vs a guy u want to build back up like ghost, khan, broner

Tba brings no money or excitement...

If broner vs Ortiz was signed, or Ortiz vs khan,, there would be a million threads about it... Ortiz has little use at this point except his name

Comment

[QUOTE=Sugar Adam Ali;14191136]So your saying u would have no interest with Ortiz-broner or Devon on Floyd's may undercard[/QUTE]
                    I'm saying I have no interest in that victor Ortiz that we seen last night against broner. U can't just get caught up in a fighter with a big name. If he's that disinterested in the sport that he can't beat luis collazo? Do you think he could beat broner or devon? All i know is victor had a choice last night when the ref was counting to ten to get up and fight his way back to credibility or stay down and let all the negativity continue. As a fan of the sport really don't want to see any of mr.ortiz again

Comment

[QUOTE=chibox123;14191223]
                      Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                      So your saying u would have no interest with Ortiz-broner or Devon on Floyd's may undercard[/QUTE]
                      I'm saying I have no interest in that victor Ortiz that we seen last night against broner. U can't just get caught up in a fighter with a big name. If he's that disinterested in the sport that he can't beat luis collazo? Do you think he could beat broner or devon? All i know is victor had a choice last night when the ref was counting to ten to get up and fight his way back to credibility or stay down and let all the negativity continue. As a fan of the sport really don't want to see any of mr.ortiz again
                      Totally understand your view, but if I'm gbp and it's my job to make money on fights and I invested years and millions into his career, i sure as hell just wouldn't let him go without extracting every last cent... Cash him out vs broner, then khan, Berto rematch,,, if he loses all 3 then he is done but at least u built up broner and Kahn again, and gave Berto a win on tv

Broner on the Floyd Kahn undercard
                      Khan at wembley after he loses to Floyd
                      Berto 2 on a November triple header
                      Gomez in 2015 as gomez's first headline on fnf or showtime main card

Comment

Working...
                      X