Collapse
No announcement yet.

The top light heavyweights are avoiding Sergey Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pathetic. I always lol @ "high risk low reward" this is what boxing has come to? Padding your résumé with pillow punchers, because its low risk? i don't get it. A guy like Tyson would be licking his chops to add a guy like this to his résumé.

I've been saying since before the Campillo fight... Kovalev beats ANYONE at 175, ANYONE. He'll become a mandatory eventually, surely... Absolutely no one will beat Kovalev in the LHW division. Cleverly, cloud, pascal, Hopkins, Shumenov etc, all paper champs until they fight Kovalev in my eyes... It's clear he should be a top contender to all of them and one of them should fight him. None of them have a chance, book it.

Comment

First time I saw him was against a very good fighter in Campillo and he ran straight through him. Definitely deserves a bigger opportunity.

Comment

He definitely deserves a chance. Exactly the type of fighter HBO should be trying to build up.
        Last edited by The Smash; 04-10-2013, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Hopkins has never been KO'd in 63 fights, but Kovalev has a chance to do it.

Comment

Also, anyone who beats Hopkins is probably going to be challenged by Ward since he's an idol of Ward.

Comment

Working...
            X