No announcement yet.

Do BodyBuilders Live A Unhealthy Life?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bernardotelo View Post
    lol there is no restriction to the use of steroids in bodybuilding....you just can't use them before competitions...
    tht doent mean they all use it, only the lazy ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Yael The Great View Post
      tht doent mean they all use it, only the lazy ones.
      yes but there is no doubt that most of them use

Comment

A guy I know built himself up naturally and got rather big. Hes 5'10 around 230lb last time I seen him....but he was just massive not much definition, no fat just big, more strongman looking kinda guy.

Now he's on roids because he wants too look more cut...anyway he did get more cut, looks massive, not that he wasnt already.....

For some people body building is their life I guess......they become obsessed with their bodies, it's like a drug addiction or any other mental disorder. It just becomes something they are hooked on and what makes them happy, so they go through extremes.

As for healthy lifestyles...One can eat well, but then drink a micky a day and snort lines............and yes you can do all that and still be a body builder.

Comment

No, on the contrary, they live a very healthy lifestyle. Even recreational bodybuilders who do an occasional responsible cycle are much more healthy than people who consume a lot fast food and/ or alcohol/ other drugs.
          The professionals you see at the Mr Olympia on the other hand, are taking it too far, they are walking chemical factories. I have seen some annual steroid cycles those guys use and it's crazy. Also the reckless amateur steroid abusers are putting massive strain on their (internal) organs and bodily functions.

Comment

Originally posted by bernardotelo View Post
            lol there is no restriction to the use of steroids in bodybuilding....you just can't use them before competitions...
            Lol. Strong ignorance. There are some competitions for naturals only. Look up layne norton.

And lol at the person said he'd rather be a fat 400 pounder than a bodybuilder. Good luck with that

Because we all know how healthy rick hatton is haha
            Last edited by Dirt; 09-10-2010, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt View Post

And lol at the person said he'd rather be a fat 400 pounder than a bodybuilder. Good luck with that
              I'd be willing to bet that a 400 pound man generally has a shorter life expectancy than an average bodybuilder. And I'd say an average 400 pound man is probably at about the same level of athleticism as an average bodybuilder.

I'll bet that guy couldn't jog a lap around a 400 meter track without stopping, or touch his toes.

Comment

professional bodybuilders, who are natties (naturals who don't use steroids), are some of the healthiest people because they watch their nutrition very carefully.
                And people who aren't natural don't?

Bodybuilders are probably the best athletes in the world when it comes to knowing how to diet properly.

Do they live an unhealthy life? Possibly. Some more than others.

Considering how much they get paid, the reward doesn't really match the risk.

But there are tons of other sportsmen who get paid much more and live even more unhealthy

Comment

professional bodybuilders, who are natties (naturals who don't use steroids), are some of the healthiest people because they watch their nutrition very carefully.
                  LOL, those don't exist. practically 100% of the bodybuilders in BB competition are steroid users. Arnold and Stallone admit to using steroid during their competition and BB's are a lot bigger now so obviously they are juicing too. There really is no such thing as "natties". Natties wouldn't even qualify for the top 50.

Comment

being a natural body builder is the best way to be. its healthy and women like it more then the steroid freaks.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
                      I'd rather be 400 pounds than be an inflexible muscle ball like a bodybuilder.
                      I'm pretty sure you wouldn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X