Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn and The State of British Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hearn's involvement and attitude towards the Ricky Burns situation has been horrible. Barry Hearn refuses to accept any kind of responsibility even though it was their lawyers that told Burns that he was free to join them.

Comment

Originally posted by Greed. View Post
      Hearn's involvement and attitude towards the Ricky Burns situation has been horrible. Barry Hearn refuses to accept any kind of responsibility even though it was their lawyers that told Burns that he was free to join them.
      Doesn't Burns have a manager that should be making those decisions?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Porter is better than Rios. It's an OK match-up. It's just the way Hearn will run down Algieri and then book Rios as Brook's "big summer blockbuster" fight without a shred of irony.

Would Rios even beat Algieri? I thought Rios lost damn near every round to Richar Abril who is fighting Derry Matthews next
        More like just ducked Derry Matthews and is about to get stripped.

Comment

Originally posted by zmm001 View Post
          I think ppv is fine for that card 2 50-50 world title fights, a 50-50 for the british title, a test of how much power one of the top prospects in the world has and Brook in a defence. That is a great card but the brook gavin fight still upsets me.
          No and Hearn is mugging you off at thinking that way.

PPV should be reserved for PPV fighters or a PPV worthy fight.

Who the fuk knows who Kevin Mitchell or Lee Selby are? Anthony Joshua is a growing star but he's not a PPV fighter yet. It's a very very good card for normal Sky Sports but should not be PPV.

I'm sure he was planning on doing Brook-Gavin as a PPV next year and this is just his way of sneaking it out early because he's under pressure to deliver.

Comment

I'm definitely not an expert, but im pretty sure if it was Hearn's lawyer who told Burns to break his contract that would be highly illegal.

Ultimately though i doubt Eddie did anything that Burns himself didnt want to do. Burns just hit financial trouble at the wrong time in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              Doesn't Burns have a manager that should be making those decisions?
              Yep him and Hearn can share the blame.

Comment

Spot on on all accounts. I wasn't sure about the quigg framton situation though , Hearn says they have to put up the money and they will get it where they want. to me that made sense but it was clearly a publicity stunt that wasn't feasible ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  No and Hearn is mugging you off at thinking that way.

PPV should be reserved for PPV fighters or a PPV worthy fight.

Who the fuk knows who Kevin Mitchell or Lee Selby are? Anthony Joshua is a growing star but he's not a PPV fighter yet. It's a very very good card for normal Sky Sports but should not be PPV.

I'm sure he was planning on doing Brook-Gavin as a PPV next year and this is just his way of sneaking it out early because he's under pressure to deliver.
                  It's ridiculous. The Newcastle and this weekends Leeds shows are absolutely awful but the first good card that we get(May 30th) is on PPV. So why would a boxing fan even bother paying for sky sports if all the best fights are on box office?

Comment

Originally posted by zmm001 View Post
                    I think ppv is fine for that card 2 50-50 world title fights, a 50-50 for the british title, a test of how much power one of the top prospects in the world has and Brook in a defence. That is a great card but the brook gavin fight still upsets me.
                    there is also a good fight between Nick Blackwell and John Ryder which im interested in.

But I still dont think its PPV. Who's going to buy it? A few thousand hardcore fans maybe? fights like these have to be on 'free' sky imo. Get these fighters out there and known.

Comment

It's ridiculous. The Newcastle and this weekends Leeds shows are absolutely awful but the first good card that we get(May 30th) is on PPV. So why would a boxing fan even bother paying for sky sports if all the best fights are on box office?
                      Nothing has been said about PPV... yet. I just think its ominous the way hes stacking the card

Comment

Working...
                      X