Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Dawson waiting so long to get back in the ring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iceta View Post
    I agree. But does that mean that there's not more to do? I'm just saying that eight months of inactivity when you have a TV contract is ridiculous. And I'm sure that even some of Dawson's biggest fans would agree.
    When you basically have a tv contract you will only fight twice a year. That is what sucks about tv contracts. You might get lucky and get one extra date and get 3 fights a year but is rare.

Comment

I agree. But does that mean that there's not more to do? I'm just saying that eight months of inactivity when you have a TV contract is ridiculous. And I'm sure that even some of Dawson's biggest fans would agree.
      In a year and a half there could be nothing for him to do if he beats Pascal and Cloud.

Comment

I dont think Dawson will risk going down unless its for a big name and I dont see Bute wanting to fight Dawson. I cant see Bute doing that. As for Cloud, I think Dawson sees that as way too much high risk/low reward. If it was up to him he would fight Hopkins or Calzaghe. If Bute really wanted it then I think Dawson would maybe go down to 170 but Dawson is huge now. He weighs alot on fight night so I dont know about the SMW stuff

Comment

Hopefully this new wave of prospects like Porter, F Guerrero, and Mike Jones carry the sport better than what Khan, Juan Ma, and Dawson are doing.
          Juanma, Dawson, and Khan are carrying the sport well. You don't hear them getting in trouble. What is there to hate about them? They are very talented. They are carrying the sport well. I don't understand why you hate on them?

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
            I dont think Dawson will risk going down unless its for a big name and I dont see Bute wanting to fight Dawson. I cant see Bute doing that. As for Cloud, I think Dawson sees that as way too much high risk/low reward. If it was up to him he would fight Hopkins or Calzaghe. If Bute really wanted it then I think Dawson would maybe go down to 170 but Dawson is huge now. He weighs alot on fight night so I dont know about the SMW stuff

I think with Cloud it's more the low reward part than anything.

He knows the other guys will bring a lot more money.

Comment

Iceta, I have a question. Why are you hating on Dawson for the long layoff. Yet you are a big Tarvoris Cloud fan. And, the fight only fights once a year. Why is this thread not about him? He has no tv contract. So he can fight often. He can fight on HBO, Showtime, Versus, ESPN. It don't matter. Why doesn't have a fight lined up? When was the last time he fought? Who is he fighting next? When is he going to fight next? And, you bashing Dawson? While giving Cloud a passed? Seriously why is thread not about Cloud?

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                I think with Cloud it's more the low reward part than anything.

He knows the other guys will bring a lot more money.
                So being inactive for eight months and not getting paid at all in that time frame is a reward? Give me a break.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                  Iceta, I have a question. Why are you hating on Dawson for the long layoff. Yet you are a big Tarvoris Cloud fan. And, the fight only fights once a year. Why is this thread not about him? He has no tv contract. So he can fight often. He can fight on HBO, Showtime, Versus, ESPN. It don't matter. Why doesn't have a fight lined up? When was the last time he fought? Who is he fighting next? When is he going to fight next? And, you bashing Dawson? While giving Cloud a passed? Seriously why is thread not about Cloud?

Cloud fought just twice in over two years, literally 14 months between fights.
                  He looked good against JC Gonzales, but not so hot against faded Clinton Woods.

Cloud sat there waiting for a title shot, didn't get it and knew he wasn't getting it, and chose to do nothing.

He didn't even beat Woods as good as Tarver did, so I don't know why he's considered the savior of the division and nemesis of Dawson.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                    I've called Cloud out plenty for that. I just don't understand why people use it as an excuse for Dawson not to fight him when Dawson is inactive as well albeit in a less blatant way.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                      Cloud fought just twice in over two years, literally 14 months between fights.
                      He looked good against JC Gonzales, but not so hot against faded Clinton Woods.

Cloud sat there waiting for a title shot, didn't get it and knew he wasn't getting it, and chose to do nothing.

He didn't even beat Woods as good as Tarver did, so I don't know why he's considered the savior of the division and nemesis of Dawson.
                      I don't know why either. And, I like Cloud. I am fan. But, he needs to fight often. He sat on his mandatory like you mentioned. Since beaten Woods he has not done anything. And, has nothing lined up. But, yet Iceta is criticizing Dawson. And, is a fan of Cloud? I don't get it.

Comment

Working...
                      X