Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Champions Who Never Won There Title In The Ring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Champions Who Never Won There Title In The Ring?

So what I mean is that fighters who were given there title due to vacation, a death to the current champion etc.

I will start with one, Ken Norton was given the WBC championship. And do you think because they have had the title given to them and not won in the ring, should they be classed as real world champions?

Originally posted by St Lion View Post
    So what I mean is that fighters who were given there title due to vacation, a death to the current champion etc.

I will start with one, Ken Norton was given the WBC championship. And do you think because they have had the title given to them and not won in the ring, should they be classed as real world champions?
    Lennox Lewis after Bowe threw the WBC belt in the garbage

Comment

Lennox Lewis

Comment

Sergio Martinez

Comment

Originally posted by ''The Man'' View Post
          Sergio Martinez
          Who? William Guthrie also. He should have fought Michalczewski but his manager refused to Guthrie was practically "given" the IBF title.

Comment

Originally posted by Benncollinsaad View Post
            Who? William Guthrie also. He should have fought Michalczewski but his manager refused to Guthrie was practically "given" the title.
            Sergio Martinez is the current 154 WBC Champion. He hasn't tasted defeat in over 5 years and his only loss is to Antonio Margarito. His last fight he was robbed of a victory when he drew with Kermit Cintron.

He has fast hands and footwork, and is a southpaw.

Comment

Working...
            X