Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saul "Canelo" Alvarez Vs Austin "No Doubt" Trout: A Close Look At The Fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saul "Canelo" Alvarez Vs Austin "No Doubt" Trout: A Close Look At The Fighters

A fight that possibly is already done:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/canelo-...0531--box.html

Austin "No Doubt" Trout
    Height: 5' 9.5"
    Reach: 72 inches
    Record: 26(14KO)-0

Wins since title win and defense's:
    Roberto Alvarez 26-3 / Won WBA Light Middle Weight Title
    David Lopez 39-13 / Defense #1
    Frank Loporto 14-4 / Defense #2
    Delvin Rodriguez 26-5-3 / Defense # 3
    Miguel Cotto 37-3 / Defense #4

Saul "Canelo" Alvarez
    Height: 5' 9"
    Reach: 71 inches
    Record: 41(30KO)-0-1

Wins since title win and Defense's:
    Matthew Hatton 42-4-2 / Won title
    Ryan Rhodes 45-5 / Defense #1
    Alfonso Gomez 22-4 / Defense #2
    Kermit Cintron 33-5-1 / Defense #3
    Shane Mosley 46-7-1 / Defense #4
    Josesito Lopez 30-4 / Defense #5
    Alvarez by Decision
    16.95%
    Alvarez by KO/TKO
    32.20%
    Troubt by Decision
    37.29%
    Trout by KO/TKO
    13.56%

The poll is expired.

Canelo is gonna beat the hell out of that boy. He'll lose a couple early rounds but he can walk through Trouts punches. Trouts body is gonna pay a price if he doesn't run the whole fight.

Comment

The drunk Trout will lucky to make it too the final bell.

Comment

I thought Trout was taller. He's in really big trouble.

Comment

I'm picking Canelo he the more talented fighter

Comment

I think people will be surprised to see how often Canelo is outboxing Trout. Canelo is going to lay hands on Trout. Serious hands.

Im leaning on Canelo to win right now 75/25 as fight night get closer it could change. Fight will be a classic though.

Comment

Legitimately Trout has not had any stiffer competition, in fact I would go with Alvarez. Power goes to Alvarez, speed could go both ways but I would say trout has better boxing technique. Will be a great fight!

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                Canelo is gonna beat the hell out of that boy. He'll lose a couple early rounds but he can walk through Trouts punches. Trouts body is gonna pay a price if he doesn't run the whole fight.
                Your 2B that it's the other way around?

Comment

Originally posted by Burner © View Post
                  I think people will be surprised to see how often Canelo is outboxing Trout. Canelo is going to lay hands on Trout. Serious hands.

Im leaning on Canelo to win right now 75/25 as fight night get closer it could change. Fight will be a classic though.
                  I can almost guarantee you this will be the opposite. I think you'll be surprised to see ginger get left in the middle of the ring & boxed silly looking like a deer in headlights. When he realizes his power isn't great & Trout doesn't flinch when he lands hiss useless punches.

Comment

Hard to call. On one hand Trout has one quality win (Cotto), but to some surprise he won easily and showed good skill doing it. On the other hand Canelo has zero quality wins. Its hard to get a read on his skills because of the low level of opposition.

I'll take Trout by decision. It throws up a red flag that GBP will let Abner Mares fight any quality contender in his weight class, but won't let Canelo fight even one. Perhaps they see something in Mares they don't see in Canelo

Comment

Working...
                    X