Collapse
No announcement yet.

Generation Kill

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generation kill was great. Full of hillarious one liners and speaches. It was nice having a take on war that didn't delve into the soul of man every 5 minutes, not that that's a bad thing, it just gets a bit laborious at times.

Comment

Pacific and Band of Brothers was really good but never seen Generation Kill.

Favorite war movie of all time is Apocalypse Now followed by Deer Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        Pacific and Band of Brothers was really good but never seen Generation Kill.

Favorite war movie of all time is Apocalypse Now followed by Deer Hunter
        Really reccomend it. People say it's been done, I think it was very different to most takes on war. Was quite light hearted and how you expect groups of young men to be in a war zone. Rather than a very dramatic and deeply theoretical take on war as has been done a thousand times. PLus I thought it had some great characters, the book was a good read too. The fact it based on real guys and events and a couple of the actors are the guys who were actually in the unit is pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdh7qZgOZw8

Comment

Originally posted by Golden View Post
          Really reccomend it. People say it's been done, I think it was very different to most takes on war. Was quite light hearted and how you expect groups of young men to be in a war zone. Rather than a very dramatic and deeply theoretical take on war as has been done a thousand times. PLus I thought it had some great characters, the book was a good read too. The fact it based on real guys and events and a couple of the actors are the guys who were actually in the unit is pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdh7qZgOZw8
          wow wow there is a book? Same name?

Comment

Working...
          X