Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rodriguez: Andre Ward Needs Me More Than I Need Him!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who ducks Andre Ward!? Rodriguez just blew his opportunity.

Comment

1st off the only person talking with sense is MC HAMMER. No rodriguez is not right! No one knows who the F he is. He is getting $800 k for his first title shot, what else is he supposed to get and is entitled to? Who has he really fought to be demanding anything, this my friends is what kills the sport - the sport is made up of hard workers, who earn shots and deserved pay days - the easier it is for these cats to get the money, the sport will die - there will be more cheaters & quitters - if you haven't earned it, then you get it - the fire leaves your belly to go out and compete ! it's hard to wake up at 5am in silk pajamas to go do your road work, this is why cats like Manny and Floyd and B hop and De la hoya and andre ward and carl froch and cotto etc are so good and should get their well deserved respect, because they are all millionaires , and battle like there is no tomorrow, now lets see how the Broners / Canelo's / mickey Garcia's who quit after a broken nose and many more fair out over the next 5 - 10 years the easier it is to the money the quicker our beloved sport dies...

Comment

I kind of get what he means. Ward has already fought and beaten all the top guys at 168 so there aren't really any opponents people really want to see him in there with at super middle weight. Meanwhile, Rodriguez has plenty of other options to fight that could be just as interesting. Ward's pretty much just biding time until Chavez Jr is available. I could really give two ****s about that fight, though.

Comment

**** Andre Ward! **** Rodriguez too but I'm on his side. Ward is gassed off of being ranked #1 by idiots who just don't wanna acknowledge Floyd as the real #1. Now that he's on HBO he's gunning for all the paper. Lol outta $3 million he's gettin $2,200,000 and wants the gate money too. Haymon not letting his fighter do that even if Rodriguez was ok with it. That's not smart business. Yeah it's a crack at the #2 p4p and wba title but he can go and fight Bika like he said and become a champ. I don't like ward so idc what happens with him. He can stay commentating for all I care. Atleast he's getting offers unlike Rigo. He just wants all the paper now. And guys like Froch and Rodriguez are just moving on to others guys while Ward sits back and works on his commentating skills. Lol oh well......

Comment

Wow. A professional athlete that doesn't want to be the best.

Comment

Yeah he does unfortunately! Haymon has the power to make Rodriguez a bigger star than Ward even without fighting Ward which is unfortunate for Ward

Maybe Andre should try to get away form J.Prince and join Al Haymon instead of trying to get rid of his Promoter

Comment

Rodriguez does have a point and it sucks for Ward. They should just meet Rodriguez's demands and move on Ward will still make more plus he will win so he will make it up in the future at 175 or if someone wants to try their luck at 168 from 160.

HBO are going to get hosed in the end because they are the ones really screwing Ward, so don't be surprised when he is with GBP fighting on Showtime again~ which was going to probably happen anyway but is almost a guarantee now.

Comment

I have lived enough to see this: Ward flat broke, with a pile of money on his table...
                  (Andre is like Buridan's donkey...)
                  Last edited by MDPopescu; 09-13-2013, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
                    He should've kept his mouth closed. Ward is going to be #1 in this division for a while. And when he's back on his feet, getting called out and all, and Rodrigues actually wants the fight; Ward will remember this. Most would jump at the chance to beat p4p #2, but this guy is something else
                    exactly, I agree

Comment

Originally posted by parrish duke View Post
                      1st off the only person talking with sense is MC HAMMER. No rodriguez is not right! No one knows who the F he is. He is getting $800 k for his first title shot, what else is he supposed to get and is entitled to? Who has he really fought to be demanding anything, this my friends is what kills the sport - the sport is made up of hard workers, who earn shots and deserved pay days - the easier it is for these cats to get the money, the sport will die - there will be more cheaters & quitters - if you haven't earned it, then you get it - the fire leaves your belly to go out and compete ! it's hard to wake up at 5am in silk pajamas to go do your road work, this is why cats like Manny and Floyd and B hop and De la hoya and andre ward and carl froch and cotto etc are so good and should get their well deserved respect, because they are all millionaires , and battle like there is no tomorrow, now lets see how the Broners / Canelo's / mickey Garcia's who quit after a broken nose and many more fair out over the next 5 - 10 years the easier it is to the money the quicker our beloved sport dies...
                      gotdamn, excellent post smh

Comment

Working...
                      X