Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you name five fighters of the last decade greater than Wladimir ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you name five fighters of the last decade greater than Wladimir ?

Is he a top five fighter of this era/decade?
    We'll go 2001-2011/2012.

I got
    Pacquaio/Mayweather
    Hopkins

Than the likes of
    Calzaghe,JMM

followed by the likes of Cotto..
    I can see Wladimir at #5.
    Nope He is not
    60.38%
    Yes he is top 5 of the last decade.
    39.62%

How many years are in a decade?

Comment

Nope

Manny
      Floyd
      Wlad

Is how I got it

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
        How many years are in a decade?
        10 to 11.
        Boxing decades are judged differently.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
          Nope

Manny
          Floyd
          Wlad

Is how I got it
          He can't be ranked higher than Bernard imo. We can't just forget the fact Wlad was knocked out twice in his physical prime. by Sanders and Brewster. That have to count and it happened within the decade.

I got him 4th/5th

Comment

Just Pac, thats it

Comment

There's way more than five. Wladimir's never been on my top 10 pound for pound list. His success is down to several things. One - 90% of the time he has a significant size advantage over his opponents. Two - he's active during a terrible era for the heavyweight division, the worst in recent memory. And three - he's a good fighter. I don't see him as a great fighter. He's not a natural fighter. He is terrified of being hit and can't do anything but close his eyes/wince/step back when his opponent unloads, even if the opponent is posing no danger whatsoever. He gets away with this because he's big enough, and is adept enough at parrying shots - helped by the fact that his opponents, with one or two exceptions, have been uniformly terrible with poor stamina or far too small to pose him any difficulties. Mike Tyson in his prime would've disposed of Wladimir without much trouble. Lennox Lewis would've knocked him out. I think Holyfield would've beat him too. I don't mind Wlad - he's a good fighter. But he's far from an alltime great. In my opinion.

Comment

sure, mayweather, pacquiao, marquez, morales, barrera.

Comment

I don't have him in my top 10 from 2000 to 2010. Even though his TItle reign started in 2006, there are too many greats with more notable victories in that decade, to be left out of the top 10 so Wlad can have a spot.

And I'm a fan of Wlad and as far as Heavyweights go and always make sure to point out in one way or the other that Wlad beats anyone from 1900 to Circa 2012

Wlad's work is only starting to get recognized now through the accumulation of victories and title defenses and the sheer dominance of it all. Guys gets on the top 10 based on 'notable wins'. I.E. Mosley knocking out Margarito, JMM's overall work. Hopkins wins over Tito, Tarver, Pavlik etc,. Morales' work and his upset victory over Pacquiao. Barrera's work and his upset victory over Hamed etc,.

Comment

Wlad has been Kod twice this decade, I wouldnt even put him in my top 10 p4p.

Joe Calzaghe
                    Floyd Mayweather
                    Andre Ward
                    Manny Pacquiao
                    Corrie Sanders
                    Lennox
                    Juan Manuel Marquez
                    Vitali Klitschko
                    Hopkins
                    David Haye

Comment

Working...