No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Moreno Admits He Got Sucked Into Mares' Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Moreno Admits He Got Sucked Into Mares' Fight

It had been 10 years and 26 fights since Anselmo Moreno had last tasted defeat inside the squared circle but two weeks, Abner Mares ended his winning streak. Moreno came up short in an exciting Super Bantamweight fight as he lost via unanimous decision at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

Moreno is known as a defensive wizard who seldom gets hit cleanly but that was not the case against Mares who able to hit Moreno more than any other opponent. When Moreno spoke exclusively to BoxingScene, he gave Mares credit for his relentless style but also felt he made a vital mistake in fighting Mares’ fight and not his own.

[Click Here To Read More]

I can't really agree with what he said because the pressure from Mares is what flustered him. I don't see a rematch as being any different. Moreno came on later because Mares wasn't as active as he was in the early rounds, but in a rematch, Mares would come out as aggressive as he did the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      I can't really agree with what he said because the pressure from Mares is what flustered him. I don't see a rematch as being any different. Moreno came on later because Mares wasn't as active as he was in the early rounds, but in a rematch, Mares would come out as aggressive as he did the first time.
      Great comment. Moreno just didnt have the power. Mares punched wholes through his defense. Ortiz tried to wait, be patient, and box with Floyd. If his big azz would have fought like Mares, it would have been an ugly war for Floyd. Ortiz is just dumb! But he was big and strong enough to make a difference, he just had bad trainers, and bad gameplan.

Comment

If that is what he called dragged into a fight I dont want to see him run. Mares LITTERALLY had to run after Moreno..

Comment

Mares was just the better man on that night. he fought his heart out and was compensated with the W in return.
          Last edited by codey; 11-20-2012, 11:21 PM.

Comment

maybe it'd be a different fight if the ref wasn't favoring Mares.

how many times can he get away with throwing low blows, rabbit punches and kidney shots.

Chemito is a classy guy but just rolling for for corruption like that isn't helping boxing at all.

Comment

Moreno is class..... Hes still young and will be around for awhile

Comment

He still didn't lose because of those low blows, he lost because he fought the wrong fight.

Mares was the home fighter and Chemito got overwhelmed by Mares pressure, he knew after the fight that he lost.

Comment

Mares will beat you again he is just the better fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by codey View Post
                    It was the fight that needed to happen in that division. the best should always face the best! so Moreno did the right thing.
                    did you read the article????

Comment

Working...
                    X