Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why was Vicente Saldivar DQ'd vs baby luis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why was Vicente Saldivar DQ'd vs baby luis?

Why was Vicente Saldivar DQ'd vs baby luis? The only footage I have found is in spanish and though I can understand most Spanish the audio on this video is very low quality and I can not make out what they are saying I don't see any foul worthy of a DQ personally

No body I am very curious because it happens sometime in round 6 and the ref has a confrence with someone at ringside between rounds then when the fighters are ready to go in round 7 he gets up and grabs luis's hand and raises it I have watched round 6 a half a dozen times and there was not even a warning Saldivar lifts his knee up twice but it looked like a product of being off balance and he does not make contact anyway it does look like there could have been a head butt or two but no warning and no cuts were opened its funny because it was a pretty close and good action fight for the first 5 and saldivar even goes down once but he had really started to take the fight over and dominated round 6

Comment

Originally posted by violaandme View Post
      No body I am very curious because it happens sometime in round 6 and the ref has a confrence with someone at ringside between rounds then when the fighters are ready to go in round 7 he gets up and grabs luis's hand and raises it I have watched round 6 a half a dozen times and there was not even a warning Saldivar lifts his knee up twice but it looked like a product of being off balance and he does not make contact anyway it does look like there could have been a head butt or two but no warning and no cuts were opened its funny because it was a pretty close and good action fight for the first 5 and saldivar even goes down once but he had really started to take the fight over and dominated round 6
      I think Saldivar got disqualified because of a head butt, but I am not 100% sure. It was a weird stoppage.

/greeh

Comment

that is what I was thinking it did look like the ref made a motion towards his head but did not stop the action and there was no cut it looked like it was a cooked up thing though and Saldivar had just started to turn it on and was clearly starting to take the upper hand

Comment

Working...
        X