No announcement yet.

Khan is a B/C Level fighter...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khan is a B/C Level fighter...

Let me say firstly that i like Khan, i think he has a lot of heart and will get in the ring with anybody, although i was disappointed he ducked fights incase he lost to try and land a Mayweather fight but maybe that was bad advice by his team too. It is what it is and can't be changed. Anyway...

I feel Khan of around 2010-2011 was a much better fighter than now. The one who beat Maidana (who wasn't as good as he is now), Malignaggi and Judah. They are all pretty good wins and names but really at the time of the fights, none were top level fighters.

Khan will beat fighters like a shot Collazo any day of the week barring a taking a big shot or he will beat a Molina any day. Khan will always struggle with fighters on the level of Julio Diaz and struggle or lose to fighters like Peterson and Garcia. He cannot win beyond that level, he simply isn't good enough.

People talk about his speed. Well why have some fighters such as Garcia, Peterson, Diaz etc..all had few problems in dealing with the speed of Khan. Why would someone like Mayweather have problems if they don't? even a 37 year old Mayweather.

He has average or little power, bad footwork, no ring IQ, not much of a chin, no inside game, not much of a defence. Very good speed and combinations but that will only get you so far. He is missing a lot of tools that is needed to set him a class apart from the Diaz's and Petersons of boxing. He is about their level. B level at best. It's been proven time and time again. He has done nothing to show he his beyond that level. Garcia is a level above Khan and he got him out of there in 4 rounds. Started timing him in the 2nd round, basically ended the fight in the 3rd and finished it in the 4th. Apart from a good opening round by Khan, it was an easy nights work for Garcia, because Khan isn't on that level.

I'm not a Floyd fanboy or anything of the sort but i think him versus Khan is a mis-match. Styles don't make fights when there is a massive gulf in talent.

Khan is a good fighter, not everybody can be elite and there's no shame in it if you're not. He's not elite, he never will be. That's the truth of the matter. This is no disrespect to Khan or an attempt to annoy his fans because i am a fan of watching him, i love watching his fights, he's exciting because you don't know what's going to happen. But elite? can beat Mayweather? I just can't see how. He's just not good enough, he has found his level and it ain't elite.

Who wins in Herrera Vs Khan?

Comment

I think everyone knows he is B fighter.

That's not a knock on him. I think he is a good fighter with a lot of heart and balls.
      Last edited by SouthPawHitman; 09-20-2014, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Khan is an A level talent with a C- chin and C+ stamina. If he could fight all twelve rounds the way his first 4 usually go, look out.

Comment

He might be but he has A+ hand speed and that lets him get away with alot of mistakes

Comment

he should've stayed with roach

Comment

He is fast and that's what he uses to win. He is a bit predictable and can be timed. Khans power is legit when he sits on his punches and loses some of the power when throwing those stupid 6 punch combos

Comment

I totally agree. I think the idea that Khan would trouble Floyd is nonsense. You can say styles make fights all you want, but Floyd and Khan are on different levels.

Comment

Khan at his best is a B+ fighter but hes definetly been on the downside. Hes a B average type fighter. Its a shame cause his style is fun to watch but his chin is getting worst i feel.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
                    I think everyone knows he is B fighter.
                    I don't know. Judging by some peoples posts i read on here, you would think he was one of the worlds elite fighters.

Khan V Herrera. I'm not sure? Herrera is a very underrated fighter. I would probably favour Khan. I thought Garcia was lucky to get the decision. This one is a case of styles making fights because i don't think there is a huge different in the level of Khan, Garcia and Herrera. Nothing like the difference would be between those 3 and an elite fighter like Mayweather. Garcia did have an easy night against Khan, he wouldn't every time, but I think Garcia would beat Khan more times than he would lose but would struggle with Herrera more than Khan, but there isn't a huge difference in talent for their respective styles.

Comment

Working...
                    X