No announcement yet.

What If Manny beats JMM in the 5th showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
    What will this say about him coming back and winning either by KO or by convincingly UD...after his devastating KO loss?
    Flip side of that coin, what if he loses by KO or convincing UD?

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
      What will this say about him coming back and winning either by KO or by convincingly UD...after his devastating KO loss?
      People will say Marquez landed a lucky punch or he was roided in the 4th fight. Others will say Pac is top ten greatest of all time. Some will say Marquez still got the best of him, because he was knocked out cold and that's even if Pac wins by KO. If Pac knockes Marquez out cold, some may say they are evened up. In my mind, Marquez will have always got the best of Pac considering he will be 40 or nearly 40 in this 5th fight. Age will be a good excuse if Marquez loses. It could have been an excuse in their 3rd fight, but even more so now.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
        It will say Pacquiao finally beat JMM clearly but had to wait until he was 40 to do it.
        Be honest, you were ready to type that even in the Manny vs Marquez 4 fight but then surprise surprise ....

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
          Its just one of those rivalrys that people love to watch.

If Pacquiao wins, he'd be back in the frame at the top of the sport. And the Pacquiao-Marquez rivalry will be cemented even more in boxing history.

Obviously youre going to get the Mayweather fans in number crying out that Marquez is old etc. But noone takes them seriously. If hes capable of knocking Pacquiao out at his age, then hes certainly a fighter that is still an elite boxer despite his age.
          Um Marquez is old, he didn't look good in that fight except for the knockout. Manny was beating him to the punch all night. Great KO punch by JMM but let's not act like the dude is still prime, a simple eyeball test tells he's slowed quite a bit

Comment

He has a good chance to do that. They are evenly matched and Pacquiao was winning when he ran into that bomb. I don't agree that Marquez clearly won all the previous fights. All their fights have been very close with the opinion of the experts and fans devided. I think the pro odds makers will have the 5th fight an even money fight. Yes Marquez will be 40 but a very good 40 simular to Hopkins. Pacquiao will be nearly 35 and has been a pro nearly as long as Marquez and has had just as many pro fights.

Comment

Then we'll see Pacman vs Marquez 6 in Manila. There is no clear winner until one is dead.

Comment

I think JMM might retire after returning the rematch favour to Pac. He has a legite win over Pac now, and he will be satisfied. He has lost 3 times to Pac already so no big deal losing a 4th fight to Pac now.

Pac may fight Floyd and then call it a day if Floyd is brave enough.

Comment

I dont want to see a 5th one for many reasons but the biggest has to be that I think Pac will knock out JMM. He was getting the better of him in the 4th fight until the KO. JMM lookes super slow, he is only going to get slower. If Pacs head can hold up then I expect him to KO JMM in front of 50k in his own city of DF in Azteca Stadium.
                  JMM is stupid he should just reitre and have Arum and Roach kiss his azz

To answer the question if Pac wins great for him then Floyd goes into retirement again and pac maybe can stay active for another year so Floyd will stay retired and pac can get KO'd and pass the torch

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
                    Flip side of that coin, what if he loses by KO or convincing UD?
                    then it would be safe to say Manny needs to hang'em up!

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                      It will say Pacquiao finally beat JMM clearly but had to wait until he was 40 to do it.
                      A known floydiot sure will find a way to discredit the win. Too bad despite of Pac current loss, your idol or you can't do anything to surpass Pac legacy. Fighting just 4 times in 6 years will bring you nowhere.

Comment

Working...
                      X