Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overeem's Manager: Reem has a reasonable explanation.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaps View Post
    I guarantee it's worse over seas....
    Not sure why you'd think so. Maybe it is. But then again, the US is probably where the biggest prize money is located. Doping is a fine art, and is probably most advanced in American sportsdome.

Also, the TRT exemption is a load of shit. And we now know (thanks to Rampage) that Zuffa actually encourages it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
      Not sure why you'd think so. Maybe it is. But then again, the US is probably where the biggest prize money is located. Doping is a fine art, and is probably most advanced in American sportsdome.

Also, the TRT exemption is a load of shit. And we now know (thanks to Rampage) that Zuffa actually encourages it.
      I only say that because people get caught here, because the AC's test. I never recall anyone from Pride or K-1 getting busted for anything so it's kinda like do whatever you want over there. Remember Smashing Machine? Kerr was loaded up on Opiates days before the 2000GP.....

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
        I only say that because people get caught here, because the AC's test. I never recall anyone from Pride or K-1 getting busted for anything so it's kinda like do whatever you want over there. Remember Smashing Machine? Kerr was loaded up on Opiates days before the 2000GP.....
        Yeah I know about that, and I don't doubt that there was a lot of **** going on. I tend to find the recent situation in the US at least equally scandalous though. In fact, the US sports society has had the worst juicing scandals, save for maybe the Eastern Europe/East Germany/USSR situations in the Olympics in years past. The fact that all this stuff has come out recently about testosterone usage as a bit damning (testosterone is an anabolic steroid). Then there is the fact that juicing undetected (including in the Olympics, where testing is very strict) was going on, as has been well known at least since the Balco scandal, is more fuel for the fire as it were. This type of stuff makes more of an impact for me than rumors batted around the internet about everyone in Japan juicing.

But, the testing situation is true, but this stuff is pretty scandalous. It's a little bit hard to compare the different cases (lack of adequate testing vs sophisticated juicing, and now TRT exemptions).

Comment

I doubt the govt's overseas get involved with congressional investigations concerning PED's and athletes...I'm sure it has to be easier to use them anywhere else.

Comment

Reasonable explanation: trying to get jacked

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
              I doubt the govt's overseas get involved with congressional investigations concerning PED's and athletes...I'm sure it has to be easier to use them anywhere else.
              That's true, but at the same time sports is a huge industry in the US, and I'd say the US probably has the most sophisticated doping. Probably the International Olympic Committee (or what ever it's called) is the strictest. I'm sure it's easier to get away with doping in other countries, but that doesn't mean that more people dope, it would just mean that the people who do dope don't need to be as sophisticated. The high stakes of American sports alone leads one to believe that doping is a huge deal in the states. Also, the verifiable existence of large-scale doping scandals in the US weighs more heavily to me than unsubstantiated rumors. Doping is a universal problem in sports, but at least when it comes to the highest level of professional sports (the multi-million dollar contracts and the like) I wouldn't be surprised if the US is a focal point of doping. Also, the dopers are always a step ahead of the regulators (at that level).

Comment

Na screw this the guy has been up to something.. Sure his gains are explainable if he was just lifting.. But the guy has been training mma and fighting very regular since he has had this transformation.. It doesn't add up..

I think. It's kind of a shame u guys are saying **** it we want to see the fight.. I don't mind if jsa knocks this heater the **** out but if overeem wins it casts a huge cloud over mma imo

Comment

^

Bedroom Bully,

It would be hypocritical of me to say "let Overeem burn, he's a ****ing cheater!!" and not be fine with him fighting JDS as anyone with half a brain realized he WAS ALWAYS on the stuff. If i go in with a mindset that 95% of the heavyweights in this sport are juicing (and that is probably a fair assessment) i don't see how Overeem is gaining unfair advantages at all.

Comment

Testosterone marinated horse meat recipe gone wrong?

Comment

Mir didn't test positive. Cain didn't test positive. Most importantly, JDS didn't test positive.

Yeah let's allow a drug cheat to fight a clean athlete because some people make unproven claims that most fighters are probably on drugs anyway. Right.

This guy is a fraud. If it goes ahead then he's going into the fight with a size and strength advantage because he cheated. Simple as that.

Let him go to Japan and have a 'best of 7' series with Bob Sapp or whatever.

Comment

Working...
                      X