No announcement yet.

Who is the toughest Polack?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
    Nothing against Klitschko2011 because I like him as a poster but I'm like 99 percent sure you're right. I know those are fighting words to polish people if you call them that. I'm not sure Klitschko2011 knew that tho, I don't know what country Klitschko2011 is from but in America it's kind of offensive.
    I know, I live in Norway and here POLAKK is the official term for Polish persons.

Comment

Polack simply means "polish man" in Polish. It carries a negative connoation in the US because many of the immigrants who came to America were of the lowest educational and socio economic class, this is where you get the dumb Polack joke, therefore Klitschko 2011 got it right. The irony here is that Adamek's nickname "goral" can be an offensive term in Polish. It loosely translates to mountain man, hillbilly, or redneck.

As far as tough, all three are tough. They probably feel they have a lot to make up for after Golota's many fails.

Comment

Originally posted by Foul Pole View Post
        Polack simply means "polish man" in Polish. It carries a negative connoation in the US because many of the immigrants who came to America were of the lowest educational and socio economic class, this is where you get the dumb Polack joke, therefore Klitschko 2011 got it right. The irony here is that Adamek's nickname "goral" can be an offensive term in Polish. It loosely translates to mountain man, hillbilly, or redneck.
        Well, Mountain man is a tough man the other terms hillbilly and redneck are not what I consider a Mountain man. When I think of the term Mountain man I think of people who jog trails up mountains for a living or climb em. Those people sound tough to me.

Comment

Working...
        X