Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's all kicking off in Cairo!!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] It's all kicking off in Cairo!!!!!!

Thousands of anti and pro Mubarak protesters fighting, throwing Molotov cocktails and concrete off of buildings. There was a horse and camel charge against the anti protesters where they used whips and sticks until they were eventually pulled off and beaten up. Some serious lynching going on.

The army are doing jack shít about it.
    Last edited by COVID-19; 02-02-2011, 11:13 AM.

Sounds like a revolution is taking place.

Comment

Power to the people. Civil WAR is on the cards by the looks of it. The army can only do so much when thousands are fighting.

Comment

Turned into a farce now.

"Pro-Mubarak Forces" are turning out to be security forces in plain clothes, and others who are being paid to basically cause mayhem.

Comment

A leading member of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt told the Arabic-language Iranian news network Al-Alam on Monday that he would like to see the Egyptian people prepare for war against Israel, according to the Hebrew-language business newspaper Calcalist.

Yikes!

Comment

Reports from the facebook group:

Mubarak thugs are throwing fire bombs on Egyptian Musuem which carries 1/3 of world heritage. They are setting it on fire. @waelabbas: witness:Tank commander put a pistol in his mouth to commit suicide, his soldiers stopped him & burst out crying. Pro Democracy & Freedom are being slaughtered by Mubarak. Plz take an action now. Contact the white house, contact your leaders & Representatives. Show your support.
            Repost for American citizens:

http://www.senate.gov/general/contac...nators_cfm.cfm

http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact
            https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml

Links to contact info for the Senate, House of Representatives, and the White House.
            100 Egyptian pound per thug is what the thugs are being paid. Those arrested have admitted it. They are mainly Police secret agents or elections fraud thugs. Large queue of people carriers full of thugs is heading to Tahrir sq. World leaders are watching but doing nothing. You saw how protesters were peaceful & how Mubarak brought thugs to attack them. We only want freedom & democracy. We want to choose our leaders.
            Anyone who had a doubt whether Egyptians should accept 8 more months of Mubarak or not, has now made up their mind. No more Dictatorships. Enterances from west of Tahrir from AlQasr AlEni & 6 October are clear. Protesters are pouring into their to support the rest already in Tahrir. I wonder where did Mubarak's thugs got guns & horses from? Aren't they normal citizens like us as National TV say?
            If ANYONE has any doubt, please don't. I can definitely confirm that protesters have arrested some of the government thugs and they all have Police IDs. They were told they have to carry Police IDs in case the army arrests them so that they can be let go afterwards. They attack journalists more than protesters.
            Al-Jazeera TV says its reporters have been shown police ID cards taken from some of the pro-government demonstrators involved in the clashes in Tahrir Square.

Comment

Nicholas Kristoff of the New York Times' blog:

The View From Tahrir
              By NICHOLAS KRISTOF

Today President Mubarak seems to have decided to crack down on the democracy movement, using not police or army troops but rather mobs of hoodlums and thugs. I’ve been spending hours on Tahrir today, and it is absurd to think of this as simply “clashes” between two rival groups. The pro-democracy protesters are unarmed and have been peaceful at every step. But the pro-Mubarak thugs are arriving in buses and are armed — and they’re using their weapons.

In my area of Tahrir, the thugs were armed with machetes, straight razors, clubs and stones. And they all had the same chants, the same slogans and the same hostility to journalists. They clearly had been organized and briefed. So the idea that this is some spontaneous outpouring of pro-Mubarak supporters, both in Cairo and in Alexandria, who happen to end up clashing with other side — that is preposterous. It’s difficult to know what is happening, and I’m only one observer, but to me these seem to be organized thugs sent in to crack heads, chase out journalists, intimidate the pro-democracy forces and perhaps create a pretext for an even harsher crackdown.

I have no idea whether this tactic will work. But the idea that President Mubarak should make the case that he is necessary for Egypt’s stability by unleashing violence and chaos on his nation’s youth — it’s a sad and shameful end to his career. And I hope that the international community will firmly denounce this kind of brutality apparently organized by the government.
              Reports from civilians, Marwaa:

The first act of violence I saw was a family crossing street into Tahrir Square and a car passed by with a group of women and suddently they got out of the car and started cursing, intimidating and throwing stones as they ran after the family harassing them and other people. We started creating human chain around the square and inside the square we were putting signs calling it "Shuhada Square" (Martyr Square) to remember the 300 people who died so far. Peace was maintained inside the square. We decided to take a break and go home. As we are walking away from the square, suddenly I see pro Mubarak protesters on horses and camels riding down from Talaat Harb Square toward us, cursing me and my husband. They had whips and all kinds of weapons on them. I called to check on my friends who'd stayed in Tahrir Square and they began to shout that they are being beaten – my friend described to me what she was seeing: a 7-year-old-boy was wounded by stones thrown at him by the pro Mubarak campaigners. The anti Mubarak camp kept chanting: Peaceful. Peaceful. Peaceful but the pro camp kept pushing in and they had all kinds of weapons on them and the stone throwing fight began. In the meantime, all they have on national TV is a broadcast of peaceful protesters chanting pro-mubarak [slogans] and callers calling in blaming everything on the anti-Mubarak protests and saying that they deserve whatever happens to them because they didn't stop.
              Anonymous account sent into paper:
              They came into the square and we blocked them peacefully, forming a human line and peacefully pushing them back . A number of thugs had infiltrated behind our human line and all of a sudden 70 people from behind us started running towards us from behind the line and started throwing rocks and stones and picking up pieces of wood from their side. This was the signal for other 'Pro-Mubarak' side to start reponding by throwing rocks. Our people retreated, they came forward - the point of stopping was where the army tanks were [next to the Egyptian Museum] and as we came forward people started throwing stones at us from the side of those tanks. This is significant because the only way you can get there is with the permission of the army.
              Stone throwing was happening - then suddenly someone gets up on the tank shouting "People, stop stop stop, we can't behave like this! ' - and immediately another guy comes straight up holding a picture of Mubarak and the tank is swarmed with Mubarak supporters as if they're trying to stop violence! That was clearly a photo op. Once that photo opportunity had happened the 'Mubarak Protesters' got down from top of the tanks all of a sudden. Suddenly a whole load of camels and horses with people on top of them with whips came through the entrance right by the tanks. It was so clearly orchestrated that some of the young guys from the army were breaking ranks because they were so
              disillusioned and didn't want to be part of this bull****. We managed to pull people off
              camels, and they all went back and it all returned to a vague normality and calmed down.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual View Post
                A leading member of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt told the Arabic-language Iranian news network Al-Alam on Monday that he would like to see the Egyptian people prepare for war against Israel, according to the Hebrew-language business newspaper Calcalist.

Yikes!
                Their HQ is in Tel Aviv, they always think they're on the brink of annihilation.

Oy Vey!

Comment

Wish my country had the balls to stand up and fight like these ****ers .

Comment

Working...
                  X