No announcement yet.

Friendly sparring. Is this fair?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friendly sparring. Is this fair?

Hello guys my trainer told me that I will spar with another one of his students

And I know that that student uses a 10 ounce glove while I use a 14.

Will this be a fair spar? who would have the advantage or disadvantage? thanks.

Edit: Guys we are still just begginers we dont fight at the amateur or pro.
    Last edited by andalusian81; 05-20-2009, 08:53 PM.

Well how old is he? and how old are you? is he more experienced then you? how long have you been boxing? is he a smaller guy? or are you just a bigger guy? also yeah its fair. I use 16oz while my partners use 10-14. its only doing you better.

Comment

Lol.. it´s not about the size of the gloves. Skills and experience are the factor. You shouldn't realy pay any attention to how big the other guys gloves are. As far as they ain't 8 ounces it's all good.

Comment

Depends on his size and experience. If you are much bigger then him and he was in boxing only for a little while, it probably means he still has problems keeping his hands up.

Comment

i sparred against a guy with the heavy bag mittons on, n i had 14 or 16 oz gloves on., n neither of us had head gear..it is sparring after all just get in there get stuck in, try **** out n if u get hit, get used to it

Comment

no, its not fair. He will be a lot faster because of the 4oz difference and also his punches will hit harder.

Comment

Originally posted by BmoreBrawler View Post
              no, its not fair. He will be a lot faster because of the 4oz difference and also his punches will hit harder.
              agreed..........

Comment

Ok thanks for the feedback guys. My coach told me that that student of his started 5 months earlier than me however he said that I can beat him cause I work hard. So I dont really know. We are both on the thin side and he is bigger in height than me.

Also we are both 16 years old
                Last edited by andalusian81; 05-20-2009, 09:57 AM.

Comment

It shouldn't make a difference. If you have the skills there already glove size won't be an excuse.

Comment

look at like this. If your fighting sum1 exactly the same skill level weight height etc id rather have the 10s on than the 14s.

Comment

Working...
                    X