No announcement yet.

Top Rank and GBP need to make amends after Floyd and Pac retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Rank and GBP need to make amends after Floyd and Pac retire

With Floyd and Pac around still it's easy for them to live off of those two and not deal with eachother.

BUT I'm sincerely worried for boxing once Pac and Floyd call it quits. And with the rise of MMA, which are doing consistent PPV buys on average of about 400-500K PPV buys a month, with various fighters and doing shows on FOX as well.
    Last edited by turbotime; 04-20-2012, 02:28 PM.

What happens when they retire? Are we going to get the BS Top Rank gave us last weekend for 45.99? God I hope not.

Comment

TR needs to go out of business when they both retire. It's been a good run.

Comment

Originally posted by $mannyFresh View Post
        TR needs to go out of business when they both retire. It's been a good run.
        It's pretty fckin' sad when the first thing that comes out of people's mouths about a fight is "so and so fights for Top Rank, itll never happen"

Same with GBP

Comment

I personally think both ceo's need to be tared & feathered right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            I personally think both ceo's need to be tared & feathered right now.
            At least tarred.

Comment

This 6 year old girl is boxings biggest problem once Manny & Floyd retire.

I think boxing will drop to #2 in the combat sports world in the near future & boxing will have to look at itself in a non funhouse mirror for the first time in quite awhile & really examine how to repair the sport more then it just being on GBP & TR to go all We are the World for boxing.

Comment

Top Rank and GBP are companies, they don't care about the sport they only care about one thing : $$$. If it makes business sense to keep doing in-house matchmaking then that's what they'll do. With or without Floyd & Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
                  With Floyd and Pac around still it's easy for them to live off of those two and not deal with eachother.

BUT I'm sincerely worried for boxing once Pac and Floyd call it quits. And with the rise of MMA, which are doing consistent PPV buys on average of about 400-500K PPV buys a month, with various fighters and doing shows on FOX as well.
                  Julio Cesar Chavez Jr Julio Cesar Chavez Jr

Comment

Originally posted by erislandylara View Post
                    Julio Cesar Chavez Jr Julio Cesar Chavez Jr

Comment

Working...
                    X