No announcement yet.

Fankie Gomez Jailed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fankie Gomez Jailed

Not sure if it has been posted on here...I don't have tiome to go through all the pages on the forums but here is what is said.

Junior welterweight prospect Frankie Gomez is being held in L.A. County jail after being arrested Wednesday for an outstanding warrant, ******.com has learned.

The undefeated former amateur standout from East Los Angeles was reportedly pulled over by police officers early in the morning. Gomez (12-0, 9 knockouts) wasn't doing anything illegal at the time the officers stopped him, but he was arrested on the spot for an outstanding warrant for an undisclosed prior offense.

There are rumors that Gomez was arrested for drug possession in late 2010. His bail has been set at $30,000.

The 19-year-old prospect, who was signed with Golden Boy Promotions amid much ballyhoo in early 2010, last fought on the Abner Mares-Joseph Agbeko II undercard on Dec. 3.

He was scheduled to fight on the Luis Ramos-Reymundo Beltran undercard earlier this month, but pulled out the bout - which was to be part of the ShoBox: The New Generation broadcast - without stating a reason.

http://******.craveonline.com/rumors...e-gomez-jailed

Yea it was put on here by Boxingscene already, sad really. I had hope for the kid, I went to see him fight here in Chicago against a,then, undefeated hot prospect from Cicero. They went to war and Gomez edged the victory..I hope he doesn't get side tracked by some BS like this though.

Comment

Wouldnt mind seeing him against Jessie Vargas.

Comment

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
        Yea it was put on here by Boxingscene already, sad really. I had hope for the kid, I went to see him fight here in Chicago against a,then, undefeated hot prospect from Cicero. They went to war and Gomez edged the victory..I hope he doesn't get side tracked by some BS like this though.
        that fight was a good one

Comment

Working...
        X