Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao/Marquez 3 did 1.3 million PPV buys. How much will Pacquiao/Marquez 4 do?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao/Marquez 3 did 1.3 million PPV buys. How much will Pacquiao/Marquez 4 do?

With the huge agreement with espn to help promote the fight for the first time I think this fight is going to have 1.5 million PPV Buys.

Real boxing fans support these warriors, I'm sure it will do the same if not higher.

ESPN will help a little bit, but not too much. If they show 24/7 on HBO then it will help some though.

Comment

I think it does less, it will still crack 1 million though. I think it does less because for the third fight there was a ton of pent up demand and that won't come into play this time even if a large amount felt JMM got jobbed (again).

However the third fight was still really good, it is kind of a known quantity that the fight will be a close good fight and it sells to solid fan bases. So I would say between 1 and 1.2 million.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        I think it does less, it will still crack 1 million though. I think it does less because for the third fight there was a ton of pent up demand and that won't come into play this time even if a large amount felt JMM got jobbed (again).

However the third fight was still really good, it is kind of a known quantity that the fight will be a close good fight and it sells to solid fan bases. So I would say between 1 and 1.2 million.
        It will be more than 1.3! Both promises a KO win! Pac never said anything like that in his previous fights! It will be guaranteed a no boring fight! It will break 1.5 M

Comment

it depends...undercard should be good for it to make good numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
            It will be more than 1.3! Both promises a KO win! Pac never said anything like that in his previous fights! It will be guaranteed a no boring fight! It will break 1.5 M
            Only reason Pacs camp says KO win is because it's a premade excuse. If they lose a close decision it'll be a I told you so. Most people have picked up on that already. This fight happens because Pac can't make money with anyone else outside of Cotto and they won't fight Cotto at his weight... not excited.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
              Good luck on that is what I would say from all perspectives~

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post

Pac JMM 3 was meant to be one sided slaughter, there was no demand really. The 4th is expected to be way more competitive

Comment

i reckon this fight will probably do about a milion buys maybe even less, rememer the third fight was supposed to be pacquiao(the young,hungry,in his prime)fighter destroying the older marquez and we all know what happened there, the first two fights were FOTY contenders but the third was quite boring, i reckon the 4th will be boring aswell,i think its fair to say both pacquiao and marquez are past there best days

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    Pac JMM 3 was meant to be one sided slaughter, there was no demand really. The 4th is expected to be way more competitive
                    But you would be wrong, people still wanted to see the fight and see JMM get his chance and that built up over time including fans of Manny that had crap talked to them about JMM for years and wanted to see him smash JMM once and for all so there was intrigue in all that.

Sure the fight is expected to be competitive, but the last fight was something different even though they had fought two times before it had been years, this time it just seems like more of the same. The same story will sell well but if people know the plot already hard to drum up that much extra excitement.

Comment

Working...
                    X