Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green is actually insulting Australian boxing fans now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm trying to keep an open mind about this whole thing. I had to go back and read through any comments I made before the fight to see how I felt then, without the bias I have now.

I'll admit that I don't want to believe that Briggs took a dive. It does seem like the most likely scenario, but it just doesn't sit right with me. I'm probably in denial that Paul Briggs (whose hype train we so eagerly boarded last week) would throw a fight.

I just can't understand why. He had so much to lose.

I'm not hugely fussed about the betting plunge. We were pretty sure that Green would finish him off quickly. Why can't lots of other punters think the same. It was hugely unlikely the Storm would be wooden spooners this year, but it was actually quite likely Briggs would be KO'd early on.

I'm gonna wait and see what Briggs has to say for himself.

Comment

Originally posted by ColWallace View Post
      Green has to say this. He has no choice. The bookmakers are withholding the money placed on the 1st round KO, and it would look very bad if Green went around fuming that Briggs took a dive. There would be little or no more betting on Green's fights in the future if Green could not guarantee the integrity of his own events. That's where this bull**** spin is coming from.

I watched him saying it and the look on his face betrayed a man who didn't believe the bull**** coming out of his own mouth. He was disgusted with what he was being made to do.

This might be the best thing that could have happened. It was only a matter of time anyway. There's going to be a lot more scrutiny placed on boxing in Australia as a result of this utter fiasco. Maybe we'll start getting better fights.
      Spot on. Green has realised the whole thing reflects badly on him too, and could affect future earning power and is covering his own arse.

Comment

Working...
      X