Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kevin Iole "Miguel Cotto needs to perform better outside the ring before he steps in"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto doesn't need to act a fool to promote himself, sure that is a popular route and is time tested now in boxing but there are many ways to promote ones self.

Just be out there doing shit, there are million ways he could get his name more out there many of them positive. Sure he is doing just fine, but you can always do better.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno View Post
      whats wrong with cotto outside of the ring
      All the Cotto hate started around the Judah n Mosley fights... i think alot of people loss big money betting against him and still are mad.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
        Yes, because there is so little exposure for Cotto vs Trout, and Cotto in general. I mean so many people don't know who he is. I mean damn... Who is Miguel Cotto? Dude is doing ****ty promotion of himself, I mean making millions of dollars, and being a household name... ****ing terrible job.
        He will only make big earnings against Floyd Mayweather and PACfraud. He can not even get on payperview this time.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGMARS View Post
          Then he will be crawling back to Arum the pimp when it is only Telemundo and local bingo halls willing to hold and televise his fights.
          Lol, won't happen, but ok, whatever you say.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
            I get what he is saying, basically if your going to self-promote yourself or Co-Promote, you gotta be able to attract attention to yourself and your up and coming fights

he did not have to do it with Top Rank because Arum took care of all of that

nobody is saying act crazy like Mayweather or Broner but I totally understand what he is suggesting

I will be honest, I always been a fan of Cotto but that dude is boring as hell when he is on HBO 24/7 and it is not because he doesn't talk trash, other then them showing him being a great family man which is cool, it is nothing interesting about him outside of the ring to be honest
            But this is why he is only the third biggest draw. He got his fanbase from putting on good fights and being humble. Not everyone is an attention wh*re and it isn't like an interview is fresh it's the same question over and over from different people nothing more. It's the same question for every fight, what are you doing to prepare, how's training going, what's your plan to counter this move from your opponent. It's a pain in the ass and at the end of the day people pay to see Cotto fight and nothing more. Sure, being a loud trash talking self absorbed douch*bag might make you a lot more money, but he has dignity.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
              Cotto could definitely market himself more effectively but I don't think he gives a damn. I mean he was willing to turn down a much more lucrative offer in a Pac rematch to fight Austin Trout, so he won't be graveling for ever extra dollar.
              Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              I agree with what he is saying, to be a real a-side you have to be able to drive interest in the promotion. Boxing fans like Cotto and his fans will always love him but promoting is about attracting more fans and Cotto needs to do a better job. If he doesn't feel comfortable in English that is a limiting factor but then hit the Spanish language promotion hard.

Tommy Hearns he was painfully shy and barely spoke in the first Leonard build up, but when the Hagler fight came around Hagler didn't want to talk so Hearns had to bust out of his shell and drive the promotion. So it can be done.
              I agree 100%! He should be more open. Take as an example his "open media day" for this fight.

Not a single video other than the short and badly edited one from "Primera Hora". I mean, where are the videos promoting the fight? WHere are the interviews? Where is the HYPE!

He needs to get out there and grant interviews, let some video out, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
                But this is why he is only the third biggest draw. He got his fanbase from putting on good fights and being humble. Not everyone is an attention wh*re and it isn't like an interview is fresh it's the same question over and over from different people nothing more. It's the same question for every fight, what are you doing to prepare, how's training going, what's your plan to counter this move from your opponent. It's a pain in the ass and at the end of the day people pay to see Cotto fight and nothing more. Sure, being a loud trash talking self absorbed douch*bag might make you a lot more money, but he has dignity.
                You are being irrational friend. The point is he is a big draw most due to heavy investment and top rank promotions. He now has no one selling his fights so he must stop hiding and do it himself to make money he wants to make. Or it's Wednesday morning knockout losses on Telemundo for him.

Comment

cotto is already an conceited drunk assh0le tbh at least that's what I hear from real puerto ricans that actually live on the island...most of his fanbase are nationalistic douchebags that feel they need to like him because :cry: he's rican like me :cry:

Comment

I'd bet all my points Cotto will fight on Solo Boxeo before his career is over.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGMARS View Post
                      The penguin is right here friends. Cotto is boring unless you like tattooed fighters sleeping with, playing grab-ass with , and kissing turkey necked skinny-fat men. He must open up and he may remain humble in doing so.

Maybe Orlando Cruz can help him open up.

Comment

Working...
                      X