Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympic Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the thai dude looks pretty good (butdee) he's gonna make some noise. the turkish dude wasnt even at the right weight class, he looks tiny. severly overmatched

Comment

go custio clayton from canada! hes form close to my hometown

Comment

Custio Clayton looked good. Hope he makes a run.

Comment

Another quality Boxing display from Irelands's John Joe Nevin. Won 15-10.

Comment

Originally posted by chrismart83 View Post
            Another quality Boxing display from Irelands's John Joe Nevin. Won 15-10.
            He's good mate ain't he . Looking forward to seeing him in the pros .He was an Irish traveller I read .Got a Mexican tomorrow .
            http://www.london2012.com/athlete/va...oscar-1052579/
            Last edited by alza1988; 08-04-2012, 05:34 AM.

Comment

14.00 today I just read .
              http://www.london2012.com/boxing/eve...403/index.html

Comment

Tom Stalker fights later tonight.

Comment

some of the women's boxing has been great my money is on katie taylor for gold!

Comment

Originally posted by alza1988 View Post
                    He's good mate ain't he . Looking forward to seeing him in the pros .He was an Irish traveller I read .Got a Mexican tomorrow .
                    http://www.london2012.com/athlete/va...oscar-1052579/
                    Yeah mate, he's really impressed me. He has great reaction, and foot work.

Comment

I just watched Joshua win 15-10 in the semis, just like in the last fight he really didn't do anything in the final round, barely threw a shot - don't know if it's his conditioning, but that's two fights in a row where he's had a very uneventful third round - it's the Olympics, fight with a bit of passion! In mitigation, he did score a heavy KD in the second in this one, but still, the opponent was coming on strong in the third and Joshua seemed content to let the clock tick down... I think he's carrying too much muscle mass. Still happy for him to get the win though, he is a good boxer, though doesn't strike me as anything spectacular.

What I'm really confused about is the commentators said Joshua is now GUARANTEED at least a bronze... How does that work? It was a quarter, and there's now 4 semi-finalists. How can he be guaranteed a bronze if there are 4 men left in the competion? Isn't there a bronze medal box-off between beaten semi-finalists, or do the beaten semi-finalists, like, share the bronze medal or something?

Anyone know? It's got me scratching my head. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                      X