Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to solve the defamation case for the best benefit of boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ortiz, Mosley, all are acting like TRUE warriors, they all would rather fight in the ring, not in court like the P4P Diva Pacquiao.

Even Amir Khan hasn't filed a lawsuit yet, because he's willing to take OST!! When you are dirty like Pacquiao, you tend to try to run away from things.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
      Ummm, unless Bob Arum changed his name to Ronnie Nathanielz and is writing articles, I don't see him saying anything about the case being a road block. I see him, once again, saying that OST is not an issue. Try again.

Your point? If facing 34 years in jail on felony charges isn't dissuading Floyd from fighting Ortiz, why would a civil case prevent him from fighting Manny?

Like he and his fans have been saying, all Pacquiao has to do is take the test and Floyd will strap on his cape and take the fight in a heartbeat. I mean, Pacquiao filed this case in late '09... why is it an issue or 'road block' now that Manny has agreed to the testing?
      hey man its all in the article interpret it any way you like..floyd said mannys next so lets get it on

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
        Ortiz, Mosley, all are acting like TRUE warriors, they all would rather fight in the ring, not in court like the P4P Diva Pacquiao.

Even Amir Khan hasn't filed a lawsuit yet, because he's willing to take OST!! When you are dirty like Pacquiao, you tend to try to run away from things.
        100% approve!

Comment

Originally posted by I am God View Post
          ask arum,hes the one who said it
          Ummm, I see it in the article but it wasn't Bob's quote. Unless I'm mising something.

Comment

Originally posted by Dedication View Post
            Pac can simply put the case on hold, till after they fight
            can you even put the case on hold?
            also how does arum think he is going to do the contract with the defamation case going? the case is directly involved with the boxing ring ,as floyd has accused pac of taking illegal substances. and these substances might have an effect on the outcome of the fight.
            so how do you sign a contract to fight a guy who is supposedly dirty?
            i'd really like to hear more from the floyd side about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
              can you even put the case on hold?
              also how does arum think he is going to do the contract with the defamation case going? the case is directly involved with the boxing ring ,as floyd has accused pac of taking illegal substances. and these substances might have an effect on the outcome of the fight.
              so how do you sign a contract to fight a guy who is supposedly dirty?
              i'd really like to hear more from the floyd side about this.
              Answer me this- when did Pacquiao's court case become a 'road block' to the fight. All I've heard from Floyd and *****s for years is that 'take the test, then we got a fight'. Now that it's officially not an issue, NOW the case that was filed in Dec. of 2009 is preventing the fight from happening?

This has 'taxes, tuneups, trials... vacation' written all over it, it's like the summer of '10 all over again. Just waiting for Ellerbe to come out and say the case never happened

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
                Answer me this- when did Pacquiao's court case become a 'road block' to the fight. All I've heard from Floyd and *****s for years is that 'take the test, then we got a fight'. Now that it's officially not an issue, NOW the case that was filed in Dec. of 2009 is preventing the fight from happening?

This has 'taxes, tuneups, trials... vacation' written all over it, it's like the summer of '10 all over again. Just waiting for Ellerbe to come out and say the case never happened
                Why would you be suing someone who you want to fight?? Pacquiao could easily put this off until after the fight happens, which I'm sure he would sue Mayweather then after a loss to him.

Let me ask you a question, would you be ever more willing and cheering to work out a deal with someone who is suing you??

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
                  Why would you be suing someone who you want to fight?? Pacquiao could easily put this off until after the fight happens, which I'm sure he would sue Mayweather then after a loss to him.

Let me ask you a question, would you be ever more willing and cheering to work out a deal with someone who is suing you??
                  Pacquiao doesn't set court dates, all Floyd was asked to do is what Schaefer and DLH did- take a few hrs out of his money-burning, brawl-starting, woman-beating schedule to sit down and answer for his words/actions. Floyd decided not to show up for the initial meeting, ignored a court-ordered mandate to appear, and disregarded the 24 possible days he was given for a make-up.

Like I said before, this and the many other cases Floyd is facing (including one with felony charges with a possible 34 year prison sentence) did not prevent him from fighting Victor Ortiz, there is no reason it should prevent him from fighting Manny Pacquiao. 'Take the test' was the only condition for making a fight according to the Mayweathers and his fans, so what's the issue NOW? The case was filed Dec of 2009, but NOW it's stopping the fight from happening.

Just be honest- you know, like I know, like Floyd Sr and Roger know, that Floyd will never step into the ring with Manny. This is just another in a long line of excuses. I call it the 4 ts- testing, trials, taxes, tuneups- all have been used to justify the blatant ducking, guess *****s are running with trials for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
                    okay so we all know the defamation suit that arum filed in pac's name vs. floyd and others is likely to become another roadblock in pac-floyd negotiations.
                    obviously if the fight were to happen this must be resolved, so that both parties' public image remains as untouched as possible.
                    right now it seems to be the most feasible, to come to a some sort of out of the court agreement, like gbp did, or try to bring in a third party to try to mediate the case.
                    however in my opinion floyd is unlikely to accept any such solution, and pac is not going to pull it out of the.court either.
                    don't tell me we are stuck again? what happened with arum's statement ,that there were no issues remaining?

You are confusing a defamation law suit, with a boxing fight.

Try not to get the two things mixed up.

Why would Floyd not fight Pacquiao if he is getting sued by Pacquiao.

That has got to be and HOF excuse to get out of a fight.

Comment

Lol, I have came to the conclusion that Pacquiao fans themselves don't want the fight to happen, they know Pacquiao would take that 4th lost LOL.

Comment

Working...
                      X