No announcement yet.

Cotto Threw And Landed More Jabs Than Power Punches Against Mayorga

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto Threw And Landed More Jabs Than Power Punches Against Mayorga

I know this is old but i don't think anyone paid attention to that statistic I think that was a first on Cotto's career and really rare in boxing today to land and throw more jabs than power punches. The only guy I can think of is Wladimir Klitschko. Steward is really turning Cotto in to a whole different fighter who fights behind a constant jab to keep the opponent away and dictate te pace of the fight.

Cotto is done

Comment

Thats the strategy he will use vs MArgaresto, jab jab, jab double left hook and move out.

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
        Thats the strategy he will use vs MArgaresto, jab jab, jab double left hook and move out.
        And then he'll get tired and get stopped again.

He needs to go to the body and learn how to clinch if he wants to have a chance of winning.

Comment

So he jabbed a 40 year old Ricardo Mayorga to death.

Comment

All that fight really did was raise Mayorga's stock. Mayorga lasted longer and did better than people expected. Sort of like Morales and Corley did against Maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              And then he'll get tired and get stopped again.

He needs to go to the body and learn how to clinch if he wants to have a chance of winning.
              exactly

Comment

Cotto has one of the best jabs in boxing, of course Steward will tell him to throw it more. I also rewatched that Mayorga fight and Cotto looked better then I originally thought.

Comment

it sucks that if a thread isnt about pac or may it doesnt get the attention it deserves :/

Comment

Originally posted by thoughtsss View Post
                    Cotto has one of the best jabs in boxing, of course Steward will tell him to throw it more. I also rewatched that Mayorga fight and Cotto looked better then I originally thought.

yep actually pretty impressive and an in shape and focused Mayorga looked better than expected also, course he took one hell of a beating also. Steward just needs to keep working with Cotto to stay focused the whole 3 minutes of every fight. That jab was some wicked stuff though.

Comment

Working...
                    X