No announcement yet.

The Vote Pump

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Vote Pump

A nice little video that puts Government spending, revenues and borrowing into perspective. And keep in mind that most of what our Federal Government borrows is not from China, but here in the US, which is money that small businesses can't get their hands on to grow.

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
    A nice little video that puts Government spending, revenues and borrowing into perspective. And keep in mind that most of what our Federal Government borrows is not from China, but here in the US, which is money that small businesses can't get their hands on to grow.

The last 'nice little video' you posted was from a very conservative think tank. Does this one have more objectivity or is it from the same or like minded people?

Also, quite a bit off the topic of the video, what would you consider to be too little government? What would you characterize government's role in our lives to be?

Comment

sho as hell weren't criticizing spending when Bush was in office..

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
        sho as hell weren't criticizing spending when Bush was in office..
        I realize you were still wetting the bed during most Bush's 8 years, but yes they were and his deficits were puny compared to Barry's. Maybe you haven't noticed, but Obama has overspent more in 3 years than Bush did in his first 7 (something Barry called W unpatriotic for doing.)

Originally posted by Nuurzhaelan View Post
        The last 'nice little video' you posted was from a very conservative think tank. Does this one have more objectivity or is it from the same or like minded people?
        Kinda funny coming from a guy who copy/pastes most of his political arguments from the blatantly partisan Politifact.com. Perhaps you could post the video for me and point out any inconsistencies.

Also, quite a bit off the topic of the video, what would you consider to be too little government? What would you characterize government's role in our lives to be?
        I don't think the Federal Government should spend more than it takes in. How's that for a novel concept? The more we add to the National Debt, the smaller that government will be forced to be in the future. I don't have that much patience and I also think our growing entitlement class will suffer unnecessarily unless we take precautions now.
        Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 01-27-2012, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
          I realize you were still wetting the bed during most Bush's 8 years, but yes they were and his deficits were puny compared to Barry's. Maybe you haven't noticed, but Obama has overspent more in 3 years than Bush did in his first 7 (something Barry called W unpatriotic for doing.)

Kinda funny coming from a guy who copy/pastes most of his political arguments from the blatantly partisan Politifact.com. Perhaps you could post the video for me and point out any inconsistencies.

I don't think the Federal Government should spend more than it takes in. How's that for a novel concept? The more we add to the National Debt, the smaller that government will be forced to be in the future. I don't have that much patience and I also think our growing entitlement class will suffer unnecessarily unless we take precautions now.
          Politifact...who has been accused by both sides of being partisan. Seems to me that if both sides are accusing that it just might be reporting well.

As for the federal government spending only what it takes in, I would tend to agree with that. However, both parties are bad with spending more than the government takes in. Tax 'relief' for the wealthy couldn't possibly be part of that equation, though. Incidentally, I have also used Factcheck.org. I suspect that if Politifact backed up your arguments 100% you would not find it 'partisan' at all. Just because republicans lie more and are caught more often does not make Politifact (or any other fact checking site) partisan.

Nice epithet, too. The 'entitlement' class. Is that meant as a pejorative? I think we need to stop policing the world as much. It does fall to us, but we can be more efficient about it.

Comment

Working...
          X