No announcement yet.

Mexico, 22 vs Puerto Rico, 41 - Lets name the Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by willybullet View Post
    I said "Mexican-bred" boxer. I was wondering if some of you count the guy as a Mexican boxer if he gets all his training in Mexico, regardless of where he's born.

But this part of your response answers my question. Some people are considered more culturally Mexican than others. But I wouldn't want to get into this cause I don't see what that has to do with boxing.
    ah didn't catch that, but yeah I guess he still a mexican bred boxer regardless of where he trains, I think for the most part he trained most of his time in Mexico just up into recently where hes gone with his new trainer the overrated Robert Garcia.

Comment

• will you guys count Canelo vs Cintron?

Comment

• As of right now, the criteria is:

#1: It has to be a title fight (major organizations only-IBF, WBO, WBA, WBC)

#2: The Mexican fighter has to have Mexican citizenship. If not, he's out. This is why you won't find Fernando Vargas in the list.

As long as it meets that, it HAS to be up on the list. The list has been here for several months and Chicano's modified it a hundred times with posters discussing and trying to find objective criteria as to whether or not a fight is counted or not counted. I think it's already well established what goes in and what goes out.

Comment

• Comment

• HOW ABOUT AFRICAN AMERICANS VS Mexico + Puerto Rico

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

Comment

• Is someone like tito trinidad considered black american or only black puerto rican?

Originally posted by SWEETSCIENCE100 View Post
                HOW ABOUT AFRICAN AMERICANS VS Mexico + Puerto Rico

Comment

• Originally posted by SWEETSCIENCE100 View Post
                  HOW ABOUT AFRICAN AMERICANS VS Mexico + Puerto Rico
                  What do we have to do with you guys rivalry? Seriously F off and breed more athletes in other sports beside boxing. Nba is starting on Christmas. Nuthug Lebron James en Espanol.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtli. View Post
                    Margarito has duel citizenship, and he was raised in Mexico not the U.S.

Oh my ****in god wow.ok your officially a BS mexican.That's worse then the ts's explenation.
                    Last edited by AP♠; 11-26-2011, 08:36 PM.

Comment

• It's easy to say Margarito and Delahoya are not to be considered Mexican but everyone says thomas dulorme is Puerto Rico's next big star and he was not even born in Puerto Rico.

Dulorme was born in the Collectivité de Saint-Martin (Collectivity of St. Martin), the French section of the island of Saint Martin. His family later moved to the Dominican Republic and eventually settled in Puerto Rico. He began boxing at an early age, winning Golden Gloves tournaments in Saint Martin, Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico.

Comment

Working...
                      X