No announcement yet.

GMO Crops Don’t Harm Human Health, Report Says

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Don't confuse selective breeding with the altering of DNA by inserting genes from a different species.
    Exactly...

It's obvious he isn't the brightest crayon in the box.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
      See above, 'tardo.

It's cool though. You can stay paranoid about GMOs and avoid them if you want to. The next generation will be raised entirely on GMOs and will produce better conditioned human beings with longer lifespans and greater athletic prowess.

Meanwhile the generation raised on traditional foods will have weaker immune systems, be asthmatic, have shorter lifespans, and be completely incapable of finding the clitoris.
      I do want to avoid them and would prefer that they be clearly labeled so I can do so.

You're not against mandatory labeling, are you? Such as the law that the people of Vermont voted for and that Monsanto tried so hard to overturn? Just curious.

Comment

Don't confuse selective breeding with the altering of DNA by inserting genes from a different species.

EDIT: I see that New England already beat me to the punch.

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
        See above, 'tardo.

It's cool though. You can stay paranoid about GMOs and avoid them if you want to. The next generation will be raised entirely on GMOs and will produce better conditioned human beings with longer lifespans and greater athletic prowess.

Meanwhile the generation raised on traditional foods will have weaker immune systems, be asthmatic, have shorter lifespans, and be completely incapable of finding the clitoris.

you're calling him tardo like he's wrong

the GMO designation specifically involves the manipulation of genetic material by introducing material from other organisms, or knocking it out completely. this isn't done with sex. it's done with biotechnology. so no, a dog breed is not a GMO, and we haven't been genetically modifying organisms for thousands of years.

Comment

Originally posted by Lords View Post
          In my opinion GMO's don't really harm you or pose a threat to your health.
          19 Western countries disagree.

All the pro-GMO talk seems to come out of the United States which is where I believe the Biotech companies are based.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post

All the pro-GMO talk seems to come out of the United States which is where I believe the Biotech companies are based.
            Good post for once, Weebler.

Comment

and a lot of the anti gmo talk comes from outside the US. those are the countries legislating against them.

i'm very open to governments supporting the research and, the processes being transparent and easy for people to access. anybody in the thread is welcome to point me to the peer reviewed, long standing study from a reputable and unbiased group of researchers that demonstrates that GMOs are harmful. as far as i know, no research has stood up to scientific scrutiny / peer review

Comment

The same people going around telling you there is nothing wrong with GMO are the same people that say there is nothing wrong with living close to one of these.

Comment

I do want to avoid them and would prefer that they be clearly labeled so I can do so.

You're not against mandatory labeling, are you? Such as the law that the people of Vermont voted for and that Monsanto tried so hard to overturn? Just curious.
                  I think the laws are stupid because it plays into f*ggy conspi****** notions that the food is somehow different from "normal" food, but I don't oppose mandatory labels.

How the hell else am I supposed to know if I'm buying a beta banana or a new GMO alpha banana super-food that's nutritionally superior and better for me?

**** out of here with these weak ass 20th century crops. Only f*ggots and the Amish eat that crap anymore.

Comment

There's a reason so many countries laugh at Americans.

So many overweight and out of shape losers here.

Comment

Originally posted by Lords View Post
                      In my opinion GMO's don't really harm you or pose a threat to your health. GMO's are just the insertions of genes (non harmful genes) to better the food. Yes the food isn't in its original state but that doesn't necessarily mean it will harm us just because its been tampered with. An example of this is apples, originally apples contain a non glossy skin but scientists have added a glossy gene to the apples skin to look attractive. The addition of the glossy gene, I don't think, can pose a risk to us when when eat it, it contains non harmful properties. There are a lot of crops that are grown organically (non pestisides) but the seeds themselves are a GMO.
                      Don't be silly anything that is influenced by man is toxic.

Comment

Working...
                      X