Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who bodybags who in their prime Hatton or Khan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
    What are you basing this off of?
    Fighting styles. Hatton is a volume puncher that wore down opponents with sheer output. Khan has more decisive ko's.

Also common opponents,

Malignaggi was more busted up by Khan than Hatton.
    Collazo was dropped 3 times by Khan while Hatton in the eyes of some lost the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
      Fighting styles. Hatton is a volume puncher that wore down opponents with sheer output. Khan has more decisive ko's.

Also common opponents,

Malignaggi was more busted up by Khan than Hatton.
      Collazo was dropped 3 times by Khan while Hatton in the eyes of some lost the fight.
      Ok give me some examples of decisive ko's. Hatton fought Collazo and Malinaggi in their primes, Khan didnt.

Comment

What is Khan's prime? Are we in it now? Has it gone past?

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
          If it's the absoloute best possible versions of each then Hatton wins and wins easily.

Hatton actually matches Khan for footspeed, so Khan would be constantly getting pinned on the ropes and in the corners eating shots.

Khan has very nice handspeed but he needs the footspeed advantage in order to set himself to throw those flash combos, and he doesn't have the power to keep opponents off of him, this was exposed in the petersen fight.

the styles just favour Hatton, Khan can look fantastic against certain opponents but hatton is not one of them

(and btw i am more of a khan fan than a hatton fan, I feel hatton was a waste of talent and lazy and didn't respect the sport. hattin is just all wrong for him)
          I think khan hand speed would leave Ricky to defensive to stay in close range plus his little T. rex arms.

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
            I think khan hand speed would leave Ricky to defensive to stay in close range plus his little T. rex arms.
            Short arms are only a disadvantage at range. In the pocket they are a big advantage.

Comment

khan beats hatton. maidana beats hatton.. luis collazo almos beat hatton jus sayin

Comment

Originally posted by Feenix View Post
                khan beats hatton. maidana beats hatton.. luis collazo almos beat hatton jus sayin
                Hatton did well against either straight line sluggers or in the case of the great Tszyu an old legend. Collazo proved to be too slick for him and on another day he gets the win. That said I still think Khan gets cornered and battered.

But who knows maybe the fast Khan hands catch Hatton ala Manny or the check hook.

Comment

Good fight. Peterson showed how uncomfortable Khan is with constant pressure. Don't know if Ricky can consistently get inside against him though. I would pick 2010/11 Khan to win on the cards.

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
                    Hatton did well against either straight line sluggers or in the case of the great Tszyu an old legend. Collazo proved to be too slick for him and on another day he gets the win. That said I still think Khan gets cornered and battered.

But who knows maybe the fast Khan hands catch Hatton ala Manny or the check hook.
                    ref let hatton hold all night with kostya cos the fight was in his hometown.. he held so much it was nearly a wrestlin match not boxing n thats no exaggeratin.. if that fight was anywhere else i think hatton lost it cos he gets warned, points off or dq..

khan beats hatton if he stay with boxing plan not sluggin it out.. he should win most rounds 10/2 or somethin but if he gets caught in a fire fight thn its probly a 50/50 especially if the fight was at 140 not 147.. at 147 tho khan might stop hatton evn if he brawls him cos he got more power at that weight than hatton had..

Comment

Too much biased dislike of Khan is clouding the judgement of the superior boxer's genuine talent.

Khan wouldn't need to get out of secnd gear to win this fight.

Honestly who really is Hatton's best win,Tszyu ! Where was he at with his career at that stage.

Comment

Working...
                      X