Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curious if Elite Fighters Pay for Boxing Equipment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Companies pay the top athletics to wear and use their products, not the other way around...

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      Funny, I saw a pic of Floyd hitting a Grant heavy bag yesterday and thought about this very subject. I definitely believe Mayweather gets his equipment for free. You know Grant just loves having their name in big, bold letters in the same picture with Mayweather. It's basically free advertisement. If Grant stopped providing Floyd with free stuff, May would probably switch to Reyes, Everlast, or any other manufacturer who would "do the right thing."

On a similar note, superstar athletes, despite making many millions of dollars, often get treated to free expensive dinners and other niceties that they could easily afford themselves. Somewhat ironic, since the rest of us have to pay up.
      I thought he wore them cause they protect his hands but there not as cushioned as winning or how ever it's spelled don't think he'd wear Reyes.

Comment

I played in a signed band years ago and we were not elite or famous and didnt get paid by our sponsors, but we got free equipment, so you can be sure the sponsors that PAY them like Grant etc also give them all the free equipment they need

Comment

hell ya they get it free. Even my boxing coach gets all his gear free

Comment

Curiosity killed the cat.

Comment

Do Kobe and LeBron pay for their Nike's?? Not a chance.

I had a friend who worked on the coaching staff for NBA teams and Nike would even hook him up.......Big time.

Comment

Elite fighters spend money on designer drugs to cheat,,,,

thats were i think alot of their training expenses are going,,,,

Comment

Winning never sponsers. All the top boxers pay for it. Mizuno though and asics do sponserships and give boxers they sponser trunks, sports wear, running shoes, boxing shoes

Comment

Working...
                  X