No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire, Conte Speak on VADA Deal, Pacquiao-Bradley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Donaire, Conte Speak on VADA Deal, Pacquiao-Bradley

In an interview with this writer and Comcast SportsNet Bay Area’s Jim Kozimor Monday afternoon, junior featherweight titleholder Nonito Donaire and Victor Conte revealed that the former would enroll in the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association program and submit to unprecedented year-round drug testing.

[Click Here To Read More]

Props 2 Nonito for showing how boxers should do, testing 24/7 365 until boxers retire.

Comment

Boxers with illegal substances in their body and now with dodgy judges. This sport seem corrupted, I think Nonito Donaire is doing the right thing by doing his bit. Floyd is right about the drug testing, I never knew it was this bad.

Comment

respect to donaire for wanting to commit himself to a real olympic style drug testing....i wonder if he'll demand his future opponents to do the same or if this is only for him to prove he is a clean fighter.

Comment

Its good that Donaire will be tested year round, cause the fact that he works with Conte already raises some questions to begin with..

Comment

Originally posted by trainhard_187 View Post
            Its good that Donaire will be tested year round, cause the fact that he works with Conte already raises some questions to begin with..
            I don't think it will matter much in regards to Conte, he'll still be questioned. It's like the Lance Armstrong case, where he took the test year round and yet people still question him even though he never tested positive. However, I think this is good for boxing.

Comment

Props to Donaire for the drug testing but he IS working with Conte so this is partly pre-emptive methinks.

But he's off about saving the sport. It's not the judging that needs to change. The sport has to change.

Change the rules so the judges' role is simplified greatly. Score each round based on on knock downs only. That way, everybody and their grandmother knows the score during a fight. If the referee makes a mistake on a knockdown/slip/etc, bring in instant replay between rounds and have the 3 judges overturn/confirm the call. That's it. No knockdowns, neither fighter wins. Pot-shotting runners will never win unless they grow some balls and engage.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                In an interview with this writer and Comcast SportsNet Bay Area’s Jim Kozimor Monday afternoon, junior featherweight titleholder Nonito Donaire and Victor Conte revealed that the former would enroll in the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association program and submit to unprecedented year-round drug testing.

[Click Here To Read More]
                Well done, Nonito for being the first pro boxer to sign up to Olympic Standard Testing.

A ground breaking moment in boxing hopefully this will become more popular and as a result NSAC will make these test standard for all their fighters.

Comment

Working...
                X