Props to munroe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by british_fan View Post
    That what i was thinking

I dont know much about Nishioka to be honest,whats he like?
    I guess you could describe Nishioka as a southpaw boxer/puncher. He likes to move a bit a work his jab and throw the straight left, which he'll work to both the head and body. Though, he will stand his ground and fight on the inside.

He's roughly the same size as Munroe, but Munroe looks bigger at the weight.

I haven't seen much of Nishioka at 122, I have his four fight series with Sahaprom from his younger days at Bantamweight. He couldn't beat Sahaprom (2Ls and 2Ds), but there's no shame in that. The only fight I've seen of his at 122 is with Jhonny Gonzalez, I have his fight with Hernandez, but haven't watched it. He's defending his belt on the 30th, on the Hasegawa-Montiel card. I have his fight with Hernandez, but haven't watched it.

Here's the Jhonny Gonzalez fight, if you haven't seen it. It's only three rounds and pretty action packed.

Last edited by Shadows; 04-23-2010, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Cheers shadows

He looks good but i feel his and munroes style may not gel,both being southpaws wont help

Munroe looks very strong at 122 and i think that helps his chances,although he would come in as the dog

Comment

I only got to see the first 3 rounds of the fight, and it wasn't looking great for Rendall at that stage, so im happy he won

Comment

Munroe has fought like that before, not sure if it's to work the fighter out or what, but the pressure he finally applied didn't look to be tactical, but was very effective.

Looks to be Nishioka next on the cards, as i'm certain he'll defeat Bangoyan who hasn't fought great opposition. I really hope Booth comes through in his next couple fights, as i'd like a Munroe/Booth encounter, preferably for a World Title.

Comment

I don't think Munroe is really a world-level fighter, I like him and he has all the grit in the world, so who knows.

The thing is though like has been said, he is huge at that weight. The size advantages he enjoys make him look like Roy Jones when he dwarfed Tito Trinidad, that is going to be hard to overcome.

Comment

Originally posted by black.ink View Post
              Munroe has fought like that before, not sure if it's to work the fighter out or what, but the pressure he finally applied didn't look to be tactical, but was very effective.

Looks to be Nishioka next on the cards, as i'm certain he'll defeat Bangoyan who hasn't fought great opposition. I really hope Booth comes through in his next couple fights, as i'd like a Munroe/Booth encounter, preferably for a World Title.
              Munroe/Booth would be a great domestic match-up

Comment

unroe aint ready for Poonsawat yet, let him fight Nishioka and if that goes to plan and he wins let him have one or two defenses with it then let poonsawat call

Comment

Working...
                X