No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao is what Floyd was suppose to be at welterweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Pacquiao is what Floyd was suppose to be at welterweight

Boxing fans know that Floyd is a great fighter and when he moved up to welterweight they expected him to give them some good challenging fight. Unfortunately Floyd sort of dissappointed some boxing fans by not fighting the best possible opponent. In other words, he talked big but never deliver.
    In most boxing fans eyes, Manny Pacquiao with just three fights at welterweight have already accomplished more than Mayweather at this weight. With just three fights, you can't really say that he picked the worst of the welter bunch. Manny Pacquiao will be remember as a true ATG forsure.

floyd's been a welterweight longer than manny, and manny dominated the division in less than 24 months

Comment

pac > floyd, everyone knows this except floyd lovers who only likes men

Comment

for now at least we should be happy the Floyd is fighting Mosley someone that could challenge him and give him trouble ...

Comment

this is why floyd cant get no respect whatsoevr.........the brave might not live long but the cautios do not live at all.......a letter to floyd.....

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
            this is why floyd cant get no respect whatsoevr.........the brave might not live long but the cautios do not live at all.......a letter to floyd.....
            Like 2PAC once said " A coward dies 1,000xs"

Comment

Originally posted by I'd rather box View Post
              Like 2PAC once said " A coward dies 1,000xs"
              LOL 2pac, you give so much credit to him when he only copied and revised that.
              thats a quote from julius caesar written by william shakespear.
              Last edited by tibbar; 03-15-2010, 02:03 AM.

Comment

floyd aint ducking and dodgin nobody. just top welterweights.

Comment

thats true, but i have to say though that the welterweight division that mayweather was supposed to arise to the occasion was way tougher than the one manny is fighting in.

manny ww's

mayweather
                  shot cotto
                  shot margarito
                  old mosley
                  good but not elite clottey
                  untested berto
                  good but not elite collazo
                  good but not elite judah

mayweather ww's

prime margarito
                  prime cotto
                  paul williams
                  old mosley
                  good but not elite quintana
                  good but not elite clottey
                  good but not elite judah
                  good but not elite collazo

Comment

I find it funny when people say Pacquiao has accomplished more at Welterweight than Floyd.

Pacquiao's best win at Welterweight is Cotto. Floyd's is Zab Judah. If Pacquiao beat Cotto before the Margarito fight that win would be higher in my books but Cotto was questionable at the time. There's argument that these wins are equal.

Baldomir and Clottey are pretty much equal. Baldomir had more going for him in the fight.

Shambra and DLH aren't worth mentioning. One is a no name, one was weight drained.

If Floyd beats Mosley his record at Welterweight will be better than Manny's. As things stand I'd say they are equal.

Comment

Working...
                    X