Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Pacquaio vs Marquez IV Super Fight Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marquez didn't just set up the big right hand in the 3rd round with a feint to the body, he primarily set it up with his jab. A few seconds before the knock down, he threw a jab and noticed that Pacquiao was going straight back with his hands up. He decided he was going to jab again to make him go straight back but added the feint to make Pacquiao lower his hands before he threw the big right hand. Just press play and you'll see Marquez throwing the jab and reading Pacquiao's movement.

You can see the wheels turning in his head, he did three different things but most people only saw one, amazing technician.
    Last edited by Light_Speed; 12-12-2012, 06:09 PM.

Comment

• Double post.
      Last edited by Light_Speed; 12-12-2012, 06:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        Marquez didn't just set up the big right hand in the 3rd round with a feint to the body, he primarily set it up with his jab. A few seconds before the knock down, he threw a jab and noticed that Pacquiao was going straight back with his hands up. He decided he was going to jab again to make him go straight back but added the feint to make Pacquiao lower his hands before he threw the big right hand. Just press play and you'll see Marquez throwing the jab and reading Pacquiao's movement.

You can see the wheels turning in his head, he did three different things but most people only saw one, amazing technician.
        You are right, I haven't watched the replay of the fight (waiting to watch it in HD). It is pretty amazing how technically gifted Marquez. I am still dumbfounded how people still say he got lucky on the KO. On Saturday, I will rewatch the fight trying to keep a critical eye on those things you mentioned to see if he did something similar to set up any other offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          Marquez didn't just set up the big right hand in the 3rd round with a feint to the body, he primarily set it up with his jab. A few seconds before the knock down, he threw a jab and noticed that Pacquiao was going straight back with his hands up. He decided he was going to jab again to make him go straight back but added the feint to make Pacquiao lower his hands before he threw the big right hand. Just press play and you'll see Marquez throwing the jab and reading Pacquiao's movement.

Indeed, beautiful work by Marquez.

Just watched this from your other thread, really didn't like how Pacquiao was taking those right hands, nearly every one of them was hurting him. I hate to say it, but dude really should hang em up. Marquez on the other hand took most of Manny's lefts well. There was the knockdown, and then there were like 2-3 others that had an impact and the right hook that broke his nose. Other than that, Marquez was not afraid of being stationary versus Manny, and setting up his own shots...great fight though. I'll have this one on replay for a while.

Comment

• Michael Wilbon during NBA on ESPN halftime show, "That's more shots than Pacquiao took!"

Comment

• Comment

• Manny PACQUIAO vs. Juan Manuel MARQUEZ 4 POST-FIGHT ANALYSIS w/ Steve Kim of MAXBOXIN

One of the greatest fights of all time

Comment

• Originally posted by damuttz112 View Post
                  Pacquiao's punch resistance has clearly deteriorated with age, it's only natural. Here's a GIF I made comparing the Round 3 KD to the Round 6 Blow in the first bout:

I dont think it had anything to do with deteriorated punch resistance. In the first fight pacquiao was leaning back and marquez didnt get good enough leverage or turn his hand. That 6th round blow was landed by the front of the fingers of Marquez' hand. In the 4th fight blow he lands with great leverage and with the knuckles of his hand. Had he landed that same punch in the first fight I seriously doubt pacquiao would not have gone down. As a boxer myself i was trained for over a year on turning my punches so that they would land with my knuckles and the correct moment of my arm and body. For a couple years I trained with an American trainer and i was fast but i never really could hurt someone too bad. I then went with a Mexican trainer who actually used to train with Barrera and he taught me the correct way to power punch. After that I started hurting my sparring partners and knocking them down and leaving more of them with black eyes and bloody noses. One of the biggest things I ever learned. Your gifs are a perfect example of a turned punch vs an un-turned.
                  Last edited by Hitman18; 12-14-2012, 06:23 PM.

Comment

• Russell Scott interviews Steve Kim

Post-Fight interview with Steve Kim, talks Pacquiao-Marquez, drug testings, predicts Mayweather-Guerrero:

Comment

• Originally posted by damuttz112 View Post
                      Pacquiao's punch resistance has clearly deteriorated with age, it's only natural. Here's a GIF I made comparing the Round 3 KD to the Round 6 Blow in the first bout:

The difference here is strenght, in the first fight Marquez hand stops at pacquiao chin, in the latest he just blasts right through his head

Comment

Working...
                      X