Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto vs Mayweather=Gatti vs Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WESS View Post
    Elite fighters?

Who? Clottey? Mosley? He barely beat them. Clottey is a fuking joke and pacatards swear Mosley was shot the second he started walking at the age of 3 years old.

Who has Cotto deciseivaly beat that makes him so special?

People LOVE to over rate Cotto because Pac fought him.
    Fairly rich argument coming from a guy who has RJJ in his avi

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
      Who said decisive blah blah...I would argue Margarito was an elite Welter when they fought and it was a war despite the loss. Clottey was a tough out and that was a good fight. Mosley was still elite when Cotto fought him in a very good fight. Judah wasn't far from being the undisputed Welter champ. Pac was a tough, really good fight until the fifth.

He's never lost to borderline guys like Robinson and Manfredy or Mickey Ward. Torres was a huge struggle, but a step or three up form Rodriguez.

I'm hardly overrating Cotto. He's a very good fighter short of being a great one. He has a Vargas-like tendency to be in good fights no matter who he is in with. If Mayweather runs Cotto like he did Gatti, it is IMPRESSIVE because Cotto is a superior opponent. Cotto is a level above Gatti.
      Margarito is irrelevant. That ***g*t has entire career in question and hasn't won one single fight since he got busted with plaster.

Cotto has not beat anyone that has him labeled as anything more than a solid fighter. He's been in battles but hey, so has Judah. Just because I like Mayweather does not mean I will sit here and over rate Cotto just because Floyd is fighting him.

He's a solid fighter and if Floyd wins, I give Floyd the same amount of credit I have pac. Just remember who demanded a catchweight though.

Comment

Elite fighters?

Who? Clottey? Mosley? He barely beat them. Clottey is a fuking joke and pacatards swear Mosley was shot the second he started walking at the age of 3 years old.

Who has Cotto deciseivaly beat that makes him so special?

People LOVE to over rate Cotto because Pac fought him.
        do you think gatti is at par with cotto?

bro do you think floyd will/can gatti cotto? myself I dont think so but if floyd could I would really be impressed and give credit where it is due...

Comment

Probably if he's too slow.

Comment

Margarito is irrelevant. That ***g*t has entire career in question and hasn't won one single fight since he got busted with plaster.

Cotto has not beat anyone that has him labeled as anything more than a solid fighter. He's been in battles but hey, so has Judah. Just because I like Mayweather does not mean I will sit here and over rate Cotto just because Floyd is fighting him.

He's a solid fighter and if Floyd wins, I give Floyd the same amount of credit I have pac. Just remember who demanded a catchweight though.
            where will you put cotto win for floyd? and if he gatti's him as well ...

Comment

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
              do you think gatti is at par with cotto?

bro do you think floyd will/can gatti cotto? myself I dont think so but if floyd could I would really be impressed and give credit where it is due...
              I think Cotto is on par with Gatti but I don't see Mayweather putting on that kind of performance at 154.

I think Mayweather will look good in this fight and think that people will say that Cotto should retire just because of how Mayweather makes him look.

But hey, if Mayweather struggles the slightest like Pac did early on, I will give Cotto his credit. I just don't see it.

Comment

Margarito is irrelevant. That ***g*t has entire career in question. That ***g*t fuk hasn't won one single fight since he got busted with plaster like a fang*t fuk that he is.

Dude, catch your breath.

I am arguing against a comparison to Gatti or this fight being comparable to that. I don't think there is a comparison. Cotto is better. Considerably. You're taking that in extra directions or adding things that I wasn't saying.

As to Marg, to be exact, he has won one fight (against a schlub) but look who he lost to: Mosley on the last great night he had, Pacquiao and it was a real fight in there, and Cotto. He might have lost those fights anyways. And while I agree his career is in question, that doesn't change the results through Cotto I, the fact that he beat a slew of top ten Welters, gave Williams a hell of a late run etc. Your disdain for the man is fair, but loaded glove (or not) Margarito was beastly at that point. It's hardly irrelevant.
                Last edited by crold1; 02-18-2012, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
                  where will you put cotto win for floyd? and if he gatti's him as well ...
                  If Mayweather beats Cotto and looks impressive I will give him just about as much credit as I gave Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                    Dude, catch your breath.

I am arguing against a comparison to Gatti or this fight being comparable to that. I don't think there is a comparison. Cotto is better. Considerably. You're taking that in extra directions or adding things that I wasn't saying.

As to Marg, to be exact, he has won one fight (against a schlub) but look who he lost to: Mosley on the last great night he had, Pacquiao and it was a real fight in there, and Cotto. He might have lost those fights anyways. And while I agree his career is in question, that doesn't change the results through Cotto I, the fact that he beat a slew of top ten Welters, gave Williams a hell of a late run etc. Your disdain for the man is fair, but loaded glove (or not) Margarito was beastly at that point. It's hardly irrelevant.
                    Again, Cotto hasn't beaten anyone great decisively. Margarito is garbage and I was NEVER sold on him. Never. I will agree if you said Mayweather "ducked" him years ago though.

However like I said I was NEVR sold on Cotto either and only picked Cotto to beat Pac out of spite because Team Pac wanted a CW where a CW was not warrant.

Comment

I think Cotto is on par with Gatti but I don't see Mayweather putting on that kind of performance at 154.

I think Mayweather will look good in this fight and think that people will say that Cotto should retire just because of how Mayweather makes him look.

But hey, if Mayweather struggles the slightest like Pac did early on, I will give Cotto his credit. I just don't see it.
                      You really honestly think gatti is on cotto's level???? I mean i'm a cotto fan but not a delusional fan but come on your opinion stinks. Here is the thing on this board with cotto he's either overrated or he's great, me personally I think cotto is a great watch in the ring and he's a hof but in my era of watching boxing early 90's his name is not coming out of my mouth for a bit of the best fighters i've seen. But he's still my favorite after trinidad

Comment

Working...
                      X